• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston in Texas, one of George Floyd's major stomping grounds, has apparently ran out of at least ICU beds in adult hospitals. You can't tell me, without proof, that it's completely unrelated to the protests and funerals with that case. It's not the only reason why, but it's likely contributing given that the protests started over two weeks ago and the funeral was 2 weeks ago to today, and you can start showing symptoms in 5 days.

It probably does also include major Memorial Day parties, but beach going without trying to be in contact with other people (some of the islands in SC would work), going to get your hair cut, eating out with some social distancing implemented, going to the gym to work out, shopping without wearing a mask, etc... Most of these people probably aren't the ones getting it.

Or maybe it's naivety and Lady Luck because swap out beach going with taking a trip and the household I'm in has done most of that and none of us have been sick for months. We've only put on masks when it's required.

So let me ask these questions.

What were the main demographics of the protest in Houston? Many 60 to 90 yr olds running around those protests? How do now full ICU beds match with the long held belief that this is a nothingburger for anyone under 60?

Because if we agree that the protests were largely held by young adults then this crushes the months old mantra that this is an old persons disease and young people are not at as much risk.

So let me ask these questions.

What were the main demographics of the protest in Houston? Many 60 to 90 yr olds running around those protests? How do now full ICU beds match with the long held belief that this is a nothingburger for anyone under 60?

Because if we agree that the protests were largely held by young adults then this crushes the months old mantra that this is an old persons disease and young people are not at as much risk.
I think younger people are a risk but they aren’t dying like the older Americans. Over 50 and you need to stay lockdown. I’ve seen so many 50s-70s walking the beach or at the pool. Flordia is a perfect storm with the retirees down there.

Governor Cooper about to speak. Will he issue a statewide mask rule?

By the way, I visited a dying church member in the hospital today. It was my first hospital visit since March. It was like walking through security at the White House. But in any case, wearing the mask the whole time was not easy for me (sweating, fogging the glasses). Not complaining, just saying.

Governor Cooper about to speak. Will he issue a statewide mask rule?

By the way, I visited a dying church member in the hospital today. It was my first hospital visit since March. It was like walking through security at the White House. But in any case, wearing the mask the whole time was not easy for me (sweating, fogging the glasses). Not complaining, just saying.
We’ll see. Sounds like he’ll announce a decision on phase 3, too. I can’t imagine we go to phase 3 unless he thinks implementing the mask rule will help to contain things. Maybe he’ll modify phase 2 by allowing gyms to open or something like that, though.

I do think a mask mandate is likely coming, though. Most of the bigger cities have one now, anyways.

Read a study where they are finding Covid tcells in people who had symptoms but do not test positive for antibodies. Basically implying that the antibody studies may be too low on Covid cases.

Googling BLM protesters locking arms must have been hard.

That wasn’t even the point of my post dude and I acknowledged protestors adding to case totals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it's quite easy.

And your point was not lost on me. I see that you are trying to say protesting outside was ok, because they were socially distant (unlike your office) and wore masks. That long exposure in close proximity was needed for transmission, and how that was not present in the George Floyd protests...

My image was to inform you otherwise.

With cases and hospitalizations trending up, not sure Cooper had much of a choice. Hopefully more people will take masks seriously and we can ease off some in a few weeks.

Yep. Apparently Virginia had mandated masks a while back even though there were a pile of people that whined about it. They get to go to Phase 3 on the 1st. Guess we should have done the same thing at the time and not left it to hope that people would be smart about things and just did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back