• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Oklahoma health folks that have been doing a lot of contact tracing, no.

Here are the places they have found the most transmission from.

View attachment 43250

Here's what they go on to say:

View attachment 43251

Which is odd and flies in the face of Canada re-opening Gyms, Restaurants, Churches, and weddings.

But... Canada didn't have massive protests for 3 weeks.

With all these cases skyrocketing in the South and Southwest... so much for the theory that hot weather would diminish the virus
I think it probably still helps. What could be driving some of the uptick in southern states is that it’s now so hot that people are spending more time indoors than earlier in the year because it’s so hot now.

People blaming the protests for Covid increases are going to need to explain why cases are down in Minnesota, New York, Illinois and DC.

Seems far more likely that this has to do with climate. People in the south are congregating indoors with air conditioning more, so southern states are seeing outbreaks. This virus thrives indoors, which is not where protests are happening.

People blaming the protests for Covid increases are going to need to explain why cases are down in Minnesota, New York, Illinois and DC.

Seems far more likely that this has to do with climate. People in the south are congregating indoors with air conditioning more, so southern states are seeing outbreaks. This virus thrives indoors, which is not where protests are happening.
There were mass protest all over the country, not just those states

It also destroys any political argument as to which party is in charge. Most states seeing declines are blue and most states seeing increases are red. Hard to blame the left for increased cases when it's all happening in largely red states.

It also destroys any political argument as to which party is in charge. Most states seeing declines are blue and most states seeing increases are red. Hard to blame the left for increased cases when it's all happening in largely red states.

What's their excuse in CA?

1593010942531.png

Mn, which is still increasing by 200-400 a day?

1593011032475.png

Our very own and very Blue Governor, who did not follow the lead of his Red counterparts in nearby states?

1593011099106.png

There were mass protest all over the country, not just those states

Those first three have had the largest and longest lasting protests. You would expect those places to have some kind of spike. Cherry picking a few metro areas where there are increases and then saying it must be the protests...yeah, I’m gonna need more evidence.

Houston in Texas, one of George Floyd's major stomping grounds, has apparently ran out of at least ICU beds in adult hospitals. You can't tell me, without proof, that it's completely unrelated to the protests and funerals with that case. It's not the only reason why, but it's likely contributing given that the protests started over two weeks ago and the funeral was 2 weeks ago to today, and you can start showing symptoms in 5 days.

It probably does also include major Memorial Day parties, but beach going without trying to be in contact with other people (some of the islands in SC would work), going to get your hair cut, eating out with some social distancing implemented, going to the gym to work out, shopping without wearing a mask, etc... Most of these people probably aren't the ones getting it.

Or maybe it's naivety and Lady Luck because swap out beach going with taking a trip and the household I'm in has done most of that and none of us have been sick for months. We've only put on masks when it's required.

Protests aren’t it folks.

Look at the science. There have been numerous examples to illustrate what it takes for this virus to spread, but politics get in the way and people on the right want someone to blame. It can’t be that they aren’t wearing masks because their president doesn’t! It can’t be that they think wearing a mask is weak and embarrassing! It can’t be that they think it’s a hoax and bill gates is in on it! It can’t be that they think if you wear a mask you’re a dumb lib!

Protests are outdoors and there’s usually plenty of mask wearing and moving/walking. I’m not saying it’s innocent and cases aren’t transmitted during protests but hear me out.

Scientists have stated that Coronavirus needs close contact with the infected individual for extended_periods_of_time...which means you’re likely to see it spread in intimate settings where people are stagnant and indoors....through households, churches (sitting beside people for an hour) and workplaces that don’t social distance.

I got it from my coworker, who stands beside me and we share phones all day in a 200sqft space.

There have been numerous examples...people at a round table, and only the person to get it was the person to the left and the right of said infected person.

It’s these close, intimate contacts without wearing masks that causes spread. This is why bars are the last thing to open in many major cities, close contact not to mention while intoxicated people tend to get closer and talk loud (increases droplet transmission)

Last edited:
Houston in Texas, one of George Floyd's major stomping grounds, has apparently ran out of at least ICU beds in adult hospitals. You can't tell me, without proof, that it's completely unrelated to the protests and funerals with that case. It's not the only reason why, but it's likely contributing given that the protests started over two weeks ago and the funeral was 2 weeks ago to today, and you can start showing symptoms in 5 days.

It probably does also include major Memorial Day parties, but beach going without trying to be in contact with other people (some of the islands in SC would work), going to get your hair cut, eating out with some social distancing implemented, going to the gym to work out, shopping without wearing a mask, etc... Most of these people probably aren't the ones getting it.

Or maybe it's naivety and Lady Luck because swap out beach going with taking a trip and the household I'm in has done most of that and none of us have been sick for months. We've only put on masks when it's required.

I love how you say protests and George Floyd’s funeral is “likely contributing” but the increase in cases “probably does include” Memorial Day services and most of the people going out after relaxing restrictions “probably aren’t the ones getting it”.

OF COURSE it includes Memorial Day weekend.

OF COURSE it includes people out and about returning to normal life.

What do you think is occurring more frequently day in and day out at a constant rate? People going back to social events (ie. Birthday parties, events, etc no more drive through parties!), getting their haircut, shopping, and eating in restaurants. Or protests? ....There’s your sign.

I love how you say protests and George Floyd’s funeral is “likely contributing” but the increase in cases “probably does include” Memorial Day services and most of the people going out after relaxing restrictions “probably aren’t the ones getting it”.

OF COURSE it includes Memorial Day weekend.

OF COURSE it includes people out and about returning to normal life.

What do you think is occurring more frequently day in and day out at a constant rate? People going back to social events (ie. Birthday parties, events, etc no more drive through parties!), getting their haircut, shopping, and eating in restaurants. Or protests? ....There’s your sign.

I don't think my household living normally for now close to two months has caused anything. We don't typically go to big gatherings but as soon as our things opened, we started going back to doing them. And only wore masks in required cases even with the lockdown.

I guess the timing in Georgia is just coincidental as well because the first 1000+ case day timed up more to when your Atlanta protests started than Memorial Day unless you think you need a month and not two weeks or a little over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back