• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's today's GA update:

GA reported changes in 24 hour increments ending on Fri 6/12 through Tue 6/23: chart looks good on my PC but jumbled on my Iphone

Date...……...…….. Fri 6/12..Sat 6/13..Sun 6/14..Mon 6/15..Tue 6/16..Wed 6/17..Thu 6/18..Fri 6/19..Sat 6/20..Sun 6/21..Mon 6/22.Tue 6/23
Tests (nonantibody) 7,493.......13,254...…...16,286....10,089...……...4,218...……..15,450...…….12,696...…..6,556.......24,613......9,719.......9,719............23,235
Cases...…….……………....810...…….1,018...………..880...…….733...………...664...…………..952...………….882...…..1,097.........1,800..........892.......1,227..............1,750
Hospitalizations.……..108...…....…...43.........……..24...…......74...………….132...………….….89...…………120...……..109...............65................27...............89..............170
ICU...………………………...15...……..…….8...…………….5...………..9...…………...22...………….….19...…………...25...……….13...............18..................4...............11.................19
Deaths...……………...……43......…..…...28...…...……….5...……...43......……......35......……….….46...…………..30...……….31..................6...................1.................5..................40

Last edited:
Denver Nuggets star Nikola Jokic has tested positive for COVID-19.https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nuggets-nikola-jokic-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-in-serbia-awaits-clearance-to-united-states-per/?fbclid=IwAR2Rkk4AtIkcuIWMX-BceF3oj6XhdsDg4rozOJWGJwWk-FF4jkmjpw_09Ig

Denver Nuggets star Nikola Jokic has tested positive for COVID-19.https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nuggets-nikola-jokic-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-in-serbia-awaits-clearance-to-united-states-per/?fbclid=IwAR2Rkk4AtIkcuIWMX-BceF3oj6XhdsDg4rozOJWGJwWk-FF4jkmjpw_09Ig
Dang, I hope he is able to recover before the season starts back up. He’s one of the best players on the league.

Last edited:
The number of US deaths today is higher than last Tuesday. Last Tuesday: 848. Today: 856.

Now numerous posters here said Texas early opening was the greatest thing and laughed at those of us saying tread carefully on the reopen.

We've been open since early May I think the increase is more due to the protests

What are your thoughts concerning the Tcell studies like this one?

Also mentioned here.

Interesting! I haven’t heard of such good data regarding T Cells. That’s great news. I remember a bit of this from my immunology course in pharmacy school, a little science heavy but here’s a good vid on the different types with the first 2 minutes being relevant.

Not all antibodies are created equal so it’s important and encouraging that we’re finding cytotoxic T cells and helper T cells that recognize the virus proteins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think COVID is going to cause a big issue for athletes and the public in general in the say of chronic fatigue syndrome. The only person I know recovered is experiencing the same thing...and with that said, given the number of infections in the country I think this will be talked about for a long time.

My experience:

I’m extremely fatigued and it’s over 2 months since my Covid-19 symptom onset and about 2 months since I recovered. This isn’t just normal fatigue, this is relentless. I pound caffeine, the equivalent to 6 cups of coffee a day (I normally only have 2) and I can still fall asleep and yawn constantly. I’m so damn tired. My joints hurt and i haven’t gained my weight back that I lost, I sleep 6-7 hours a night but I always tend to wake up randomly throughout the night and never feel rested like I used to. I feel myself pushing myself off the couch or chair, like I’m giving myself a boost because my joints are weak and I’m that tired. I fall asleep on the couch often before 9pm.

I did some research and there are numerous articles on COVID recovery and “post-viral fatigue syndrome” and maybe even leading to something called “myalgic encephalomyelitis”

Anyway just wanted to share another thing we should be worried about and maybe motivate folks to wear a mask, unless you want to be chronically tired for months! Spoiler alert: It sucks!!!!

Last edited:
We've been open since early May I think the increase is more due to the protests

Not that it's great that anybody is getting sick (at any point, really), but there is a connection here. Houston is your worst hit part of Texas. They had the most George Floyd protests in the state I'm assuming because of where Floyd was from and that big funeral close to a couple weeks ago. Coincidence? Not sure that it is given that it seems as if you can start getting the virus 5 days after exposure.

There are also apparently people that are crossing the US/Mexico border to Arizona and Texas in some areas to get care for COVID because of Mexico's healthcare sucking and apparently those cases get counted as cases for the state (not illegal I don't think, think it's mainly people that can live in the US but choose to not live in the US for whatever reason normally).

I've held this back but here goes: if California, after shutting down very early, winds up going down Italy/NYC way after they loosened restrictions, that shows that some areas and people were just very, very screwed period for 2020. And it's not looking good here.

Interesting! I haven’t heard of such good data regarding T Cells. That’s great news. I remember a bit of this from my immunology course in pharmacy school, a little science heavy but here’s a good vid on the different types with the first 2 minutes being relevant.

Not all antibodies are created equal so it’s important and encouraging that we’re finding cytotoxic T cells and helper T cells that recognize the virus proteins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting video! I know now what to blame for my allergies. Haha.

Reactions: Jon
I think COVID is going to cause a big issue for athletes and the public in general in the say of chronic fatigue syndrome. The only person I know recovered is experiencing the same thing...and with that said, given the number of infections in the country I think this will be talked about for a long time.

My experience:

I’m extremely fatigued and it’s over 2 months since my Covid-19 symptom onset and about 2 months since I recovered. This isn’t just normal fatigue, this is relentless. I pound caffeine, the equivalent to 6 cups of coffee a day (I normally only have 2) and I can still fall asleep and yawn constantly. I’m so damn tired. My joints hurt and i haven’t gained my weight back that I lost, I sleep 6-7 hours a night but I always tend to wake up randomly throughout the night and never feel rested like I used to. I feel myself pushing myself off the couch or chair, like I’m giving myself a boost because my joints are weak and I’m that tired. I fall asleep on the couch often before 9pm.

I did some research and there are numerous articles on COVID recovery and “post-viral fatigue syndrome” and maybe even leading to something called “myalgic encephalomyelitis”

Anyway just wanted to share another thing we should be worried about and maybe motivate folks to wear a mask, unless you want to be chronically tired for months! Spoiler alert: It sucks!!!!

Unfortunately, that's the same sort of thing I've heard from others I've known to have it. Which is a huge reason why I don't want to catch this thing. Hope thigns get better for you soon.

According to Oklahoma health folks that have been doing a lot of contact tracing, no.

Here are the places they have found the most transmission from.

Serious_Seven.jpg

Here's what they go on to say:

cases.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back