• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Raleigh is making masks a requirement for anyone 12 and over when they are out in public, and the mayor did an interview about it without wearing her mask. ?

I do think it would be smart for people to wear a mask if they are in a crowd for an extended amount of time. But I don't think the virus is spreading from people going to the grocery store and doing other everyday errands and activities.

I’d favor a statewide mask requirement for North Carolina when indoors in public places and unable to social distance, to be honest (like the one we have in Durham). I think that’s a relatively painless way to reduce cases so that we can avoid things getting worse as much as possible and backsliding into stage 1.

So, Raleigh is making masks a requirement for anyone 12 and over when they are out in public, and the mayor did an interview about it without wearing her mask. ?

I do think it would be smart for people to wear a mask if they are in a crowd for an extended amount of time. But I don't think the virus is spreading from people going to the grocery store and doing other everyday errands and activities.
Then why did it keep spreading with the more stringent restrictions? If people would just actually be decent humans instead of screaming about freedoms and they aren't scared of the virus we could probably move forward a lot faster. The same idiots screaming about wanting to open everything are the same idiots not wearing masks and gathering in public spreading the virus, spiking numbers, and keeping things closed.

In addition to the bar-going covid-19 cases in Florida, I'm hearing lot's of reports about kids, counselors/teachers contracting Covid-19 in Pembroke Pines, Fort Lauderdale, Davie, and North Miami. This comes after hearing about a teacher her son contracting the virus at my nephew's summer camp two days ago. Actually, just found an article about it.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/corona...0200618-jxepmpdlf5dolnkgqhcut4gbpu-story.html

Why are camps being opened?

Lots of retirees in Arizona. Any stats on the demographics of those cases and deaths?

I read an article the other day, maybe it was in Forbes, can't remember....anyway, it stated that Nationwide: (42% of deaths were coming from just 0.62% of the population). The 42% demographic was from nursing homes and assisted living residents.

Edit: I found the article

I read an article the other day, maybe it was in Forbes, can't remember....anyway, it stated that Nationwide: (42% of deaths were coming from just 0.62% of the population). The 42% demographic was from nursing homes and assisted living residents.

Edit: I found the article

Last time I looked, it was even higher for North Carolina (around 60%). Definitely a very big problem.

I’d favor a statewide mask requirement for North Carolina when indoors in public places and unable to social distance, to be honest (like the one we have in Durham). I think that’s a relatively painless way to reduce cases so that we can avoid things getting worse as much as possible and backsliding into stage 1.

government overreach

Then why did it keep spreading with the more stringent restrictions? If people would just actually be decent humans instead of screaming about freedoms and they aren't scared of the virus we could probably move forward a lot faster. The same idiots screaming about wanting to open everything are the same idiots not wearing masks and gathering in public spreading the virus, spiking numbers, and keeping things closed.

In Guilford county the County's Covid-19 call center asks if you were at "Riots. Protests, or Mass Gatherings" If you were, then you are eligible for a free test.

So, it's not just the Reopen crowd...

In Guilford county the County's Covid-19 call center asks if you were at "Riots. Protests, or Mass Gatherings" If you were, then you are eligible for a free test.

So, it's not just the Reopen crowd...
Hey not saying that didn't add to the amount of cases but I probably saw a higher % of masks at the protest than I do at Lowes or Food Lion

As I understand it, wearing cloth masks is to prevent people that have the virus and don't know it from spreading to others, but it doesn't protect you from getting the virus.
So, how can they keep the droplets from going out, but not keep them from coming through? I can't find anywhere that explains this.

As I understand it, wearing cloth masks is to prevent people that have the virus and don't know it from spreading to others, but it doesn't protect you from getting the virus.
So, how can they keep the droplets from going out, but not keep them from coming through? I can't find anywhere that explains this.
The difference is between droplets and aerosols. Mask prevents droplets out but doesn’t prevent aerosols in. Therefore either way isn’t perfect, but much better than nothing.

The number of hospitalizations reported in NC increased again to 857, but the daily average number of deaths continues to flatten. I keep saying it would be great to have data on the demographics of those hospitalized, how many people are released each day from the hospital, how many are new patients, and what the average stay is. Also, as I understand these are people admitted with COVID-19 like symptoms, so it doesn't mean they are all positive for the virus. It would be great to know how many of these people actually end up testing positive for the virus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back