• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I know we’ve discussed this before, and many have said that it has been proven that COVID was not here before January. But I keep reading more stories from credible sources that suggests infections here as early as Late December.

That's because viral samples taken from all corners of the globe show multiple mutations, and they are similar mutations. "Everything is everywhere," the team wrote.

"It has been introduced and introduced and introduced in almost all countries," Balloux added.

They also found genetic evidence that supports suspicions the virus was infecting people in Europe, the US and elsewhere weeks or even months before the first official cases were reported in January and February. It will be impossible to find the "first" patient in any country, Balloux said

This here is good news.

Balloux's team's findings were reviewed by other experts, a process called peer review, before they were published in the journal. He said some reports by other teams, published online in what are called pre-print websites, may have drawn incorrect conclusions.

"All viruses naturally mutate. Mutations in themselves are not a bad thing and there is nothing to suggest SARS-CoV-2 is mutating faster or slower than expected. So far we cannot say whether SARS-CoV-2 is becoming more or less lethal and contagious," Balloux said

I think I've spoken to this on this thread before but my son had it in mid December after a trip to NYC. Antibody test positive 2 wks ago
How did he get the antibody test? Did he purchase it himself or some other means?

The “new” modeling and predictions, it really drives home the fact that the scientists are flying as blind as our politicians.

EDIT: This site was posted elsewhere and it seems to be really useful. It plots both cases by state on a graph and also calculated Rt.

Last edited:
How did he get the antibody test? Did he purchase it himself or some other means?
He is a MD in Austin Tx. His father-in-law is recently retired from some kind of medical research and testing company in California. He didn't go into specific detail about how he got tested but said that they drew 2 vials of blood from him and they were sent to the California lab for "full spectrum" testing (whatever that means). He got his results about a week after he sent them in. He said the concentration of antibodies showed that his Covid infection wasn't recent but several weeks ago.

The “new” modeling and predictions, it really drives home the fact that the scientists are flying as blind as our politicians.

EDIT: This site was posted elsewhere and it seems to be really useful. It plots both cases by state on a graph and also calculated Rt.

Some scientists can't even follow their own recommendations. "Do as I say, not as I do" ?

My brother in law is being moved to intensive care. My other family members are still waiting on results.

He was complaining yesterday his lungs hurt bad. And the oxygen burns. He was improving by being able to speak very little but now idk.

I think I've spoken to this on this thread before but my son had it in mid December after a trip to NYC. Antibody test positive 2 wks ago

I’m sure your son was sick, not doubting that, but at this time evidence says it wasn’t CoV-2. If that was possible, we should have seen a spike in NYC cases way earlier than we did. They’ve pretty much traced the introduction timeline to NYC.

In order to believe he had it, we would have to assume somehow that he came in contact with one of the first people in the United States from China, AND that both your son and that person sheltered while they were symptomatic and didn’t give it to another individual...because there wasn’t an abnormal spike in ILI in NYC in December.

I think it’s a common belief among people that they have had it, but antibody testing has proven a large majority of people haven’t been exposed. I hear all the time “yeah I was super sick, had a bad cough in January for a week, I bet that was it”....people forget so easily that during winter we have a normal, seasonal flu and common cold season. It’s more likely it was either one of those, until data says otherwise.

Another thought, just because antibody testing says positive doesn’t mean your exposure was X date. They should have told him what antibody was peaked and which one wasn’t, and would have been able to estimate his exposure period, if he got it done by a professional. Your son could have been asymptomatic with a recent CoV infection, which is very common. Also false positives exist with antibody testing as well.

Use me as a prime example. I was tested positive for CoV-2 via a nasalpharyngeal swab on April 11th. Way back on January 21 I had a fever for 2 days and a week long cough (I never get coughs, ever...in my 34 years of living I can’t recall the last time I had a cough, maybe as a kid)...I then gave my sickness to my mother, who ended up battling pneumonia Jan 22 into feb and is still recovering.

Fast forward and I’m tested positive April 11, proving that whatever I had in January wasn’t Covid, but another type of viral infection that was taxing on my lungs...either that or you can get Coronavirus twice, which as of today has been ruled out as possibility.

I’m sure your son was sick, not doubting that, but at this time evidence says it wasn’t CoV-2. If that was possible, we should have seen a spike in NYC cases way earlier than we did. They’ve pretty much traced the introduction timeline to NYC.

It was learned yesterday that France may have to revise their timeline:

1588775867867.png

The article that I posted said there was evidence that it was in Florida by late December (the article is from a reputable source). My question is this: is it possible that a different; less potent strain was here initially? I ask this based on another article that I posted here yesterday that said a mutant and more dangerous strain is responsible for the current outbreak in the U.S./Western Europe.

I mean, if COVID-19 was circulating in China in late November/early December and was largely undetected, it doesn't seem impossible that it could have spread far and wide from China given the ease of international travel.

Tell that to the guy who died on Feb. 6th, and is believed to have gotten it from Community Transmission in Mid January.

Wa-Po Article

Tell what?

I’m not at all arguing that. The timeline will obviously be pushed back and I think a lot of people knew it was in the US in January. A month or two back we knew that, see Washington state. I’ve posted about that very thing. It’s been speculated by the virologists and genealogists for months that it anchored in the US in January.

All I’m arguing is the above poster’s son getting it in Mid-December is highly unlikely. If it is likely his son got it in mid December, what caused the virus to spike when it did? That can’t be explained with what we currently know about the virus.

The article that I posted said there was evidence that it was in Florida by late December (the article is from a reputable source). My question is this: is it possible that a different; less potent strain was here initially? I ask this based on another article that I posted here yesterday that said a mutant and more dangerous strain is responsible for the current outbreak in the U.S./Western Europe.

I mean, if COVID-19 was circulating in China in late November/early December and was largely undetected, it doesn't seem impossible that it could have spread far and wide from China given the ease of international travel.

Yeah, I guess the only thing that’s possible here is that a virus that makes most people asymptomatic or mild cases was circulating. I really think we would have seen it, monitoring Influenza-like illness like we do in the healthcare world, something would have turned a light bulb on in mid-December.

The only possibility would be a largely asymptomatic-case strain floating around. We may never know, maybe more autopsies will tell us but it’s already May...are we going to dig up loved ones that died in December of ILI with a negative flu test? That’s probably the only way we will know.

I’m just speaking on what we know and what science currently says.

I think it's very possible imo that some deaths that were classified as pneumonia might have actually been corona, but if we're going to talk about possible deals in December, we're not going to find out with the deceased. Family members will be left to wonder.

It was learned yesterday that France may have to revise their timeline:

View attachment 41048

Would think since it has been traced we got our strains from Europe and not China, our introduction date would follow Europe, who followed China. I’d say late December/early Jan given air travel? How fast can these “first cases” infect cities around the globe? Has to be some kind of lag.

In order to believe he had it, we would have to assume somehow that he came in contact with one of the first people in the United States from China, AND that both your son and that person sheltered while they were symptomatic and didn’t give it to another individual...because there wasn’t an abnormal spike in ILI in NYC in December.

I think it’s a common belief among people that they have had it, but antibody testing has proven a large majority of people haven’t been exposed. I hear all the time “yeah I was super sick, had a bad cough in January for a week, I bet that was it”....people forget so easily that during winter we have a normal, seasonal flu and common cold season. It’s more likely it was either one of those, until data says otherwise.

Another thought, just because antibody testing says positive doesn’t mean your exposure was X date. They should have told him what antibody was peaked and which one wasn’t, and would have been able to estimate his exposure period, if he got it done by a professional. Your son could have been asymptomatic with a recent CoV infection, which is very common. Also false positives exist with antibody testing as well.

Use me as a prime example. I was tested positive for CoV-2 via a nasalpharyngeal swab on April 11th. Way back on January 21 I had a fever for 2 days and a week long cough (I never get coughs, ever...in my 34 years of living I can’t recall the last time I had a cough, maybe as a kid)...I then gave my sickness to my mother, who ended up battling pneumonia Jan 22 into feb and is still recovering.

Fast forward and I’m tested positive April 11, proving that whatever I had in January wasn’t Covid, but another type of viral infection that was taxing on my lungs...either that or you can get Coronavirus twice, which as of today has been ruled out as possibility.
Ok, so there was a bad cold virus going around in December and January, but you don't think it was this particular "unknown at the time" virus, but why didn't we alarm everyone about the "unknown" cold virus and shut everything down? So we gave it a name so now we can fear it? All of the fear of the unknown is ridiculous. You can't live any sort of meaningful life always afraid of the next virus pandemic, asteroid or war that will wipe us out. Shutting huge parts of the economy is going to be far more deadly than any of these viruses. It is a huge mistake. I can't overstate this enough. Opening up now and fast is the best action. I don't think I will ever trust doctor's, lawyers or any politician, ever again.

Yeah, I guess the only thing that’s possible here is that a virus that makes most people asymptomatic or mild cases was circulating. I really think we would have seen it, monitoring Influenza-like illness like we do in the healthcare world, something would have turned a light bulb on in mid-December.

The only possibility would be a largely asymptomatic-case strain floating around. We may never know, maybe more autopsies will tell us but it’s already May...are we going to dig up loved ones that died in December of ILI with a negative flu test? That’s probably the only way we will know.

I’m just speaking on what we know and what science currently says.
I fully expect the cover-up to begin now. The government (CDC) knows more about the true timeline than they admit. So many governors shut their economies off and caused so much damage to the voter's out there. Nobody is going to want that albatross around their neck. Shutting down for a minor viral infection in 99.9% of the population that was already circulating wildly in December? No votes for you! political career over!

Ok, so there was a bad cold virus going around in December and January, but you don't think it was this particular "unknown at the time" virus, but why didn't we alarm everyone about the "unknown" cold virus and shut everything down? So we gave it a name so now we can fear it? All of the fear of the unknown is ridiculous. You can't live any sort of meaningful life always afraid of the next virus pandemic, asteroid or war that will wipe us out. Shutting huge parts of the economy is going to be far more deadly than any of these viruses. It is a huge mistake. I can't overstate this enough. Opening up now and fast is the best action. I don't think I will ever trust doctor's, lawyers or any politician, ever again.

Bad cold viruses circulate all the time in January. I’m saying it’s hard to differentiate and even harder to prove that it was here in mid-December.

Either the poster’s son is one of the first cases in the US, or it was something else. I’m big on science so until proven otherwise I believe it’s something else. We’d just see WAY more people with antibodies in NY as a state of this was true...think about it, 10-15% state wide with antibodies? Why is that the case if it’s been around here longer, long before the stay at home order ? Makes no sense. That’s when conspiracy theories kinda get stopped in their tracks. Show me a larger population with antibodies!

Would think since it has been traced we got our strains from Europe and not China, our introduction date would follow Europe, who followed China. I’d say late December/early Jan given air travel? How fast can these “first cases” infect cities around the globe? Has to be some kind of lag.

From the timeline I’ve seen it seems to indicate this started in China mid to late November (and potentially sooner with how they’ve covered things up). If travel isn’t restricted one infected person could fly on a plane from China to Europe. That person could infect multiple people on the plane but symptoms may not show for 1-3 weeks (mid-December like the article Yellow Snow posted mentioned). This exact same thing could happen in the US with someone infected from China, or on the plane to Europe, flying to the US in late November. That would expose people to potential infection and symptoms late November or early December.

Remember China did all they could to cover this up so it is highly likely people with the virus in November were traveling and spreading this to other countries by early December imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back