• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYC is the most highly densely populated city in our country. It’s 25 times more densely populated than Charlotte. Why do we assume that the mitigation approach employed by NYC is the same needed in Charlotte, Raleigh, or Wilson?
To be fair, NC is over 3 times more dense than Sweden. The same argument could be made from both points of view depending on whichever data you choose to focus on.

As a reminder, two months ago none of us knew anything about how to handle a pandemic, but now everyone is an expert?
Oh believe me--we had experts on here 2 months ago. ;)

Its not debatable IMO, SIP and social distancing work better than any other method.....period full stop.... and its a totally logical thought process as to why. It might not be the best economically etc but when it comes down to saving lives it is better and nothing can logically be argued to suggest that is not the case.

I got no problem with questioning anything but bring data and facts to support it.....there is tons of solid logical reasoning and science to show social distancing works better than any other method when no vaccine is available.

Let's get real. 50% of the covid-19 deaths came from nursing homes or care facilities. 88% of people who were put on a ventilator died, and people over 65 died 97% of the time. The main form of treatment for covid-19 patients was oxygen tanks, and lacking oxygen was just a symptom of a symptom.

Why is pure oxygen bad for someone with a virus? When I was an EMT the main complaint about oxygen was irritation of upper and lower respiratory tracts due to the dry nature of these devices, which are only made a bit better when you attach a humidifying apparatus. Like I mentioned over a month ago, reasonably hot/warm and humid air must be inhaled by a patient suffering from flu, rhinovirus, or coronavirus in order target the infected location. A fever fails to do the trick cause it targets the body in a general manner. You also drink and inhale hot/warm fluids so you can keep your body warm, increase your heart rate like bats and all mammals do when they need to combat the viral infection, sweat until your drenched, and then rest/sleep for hours so your body has time to recover and cool. Also, sunlight, nutrition, and cool orange help. All of this aid the immune system. It prevents viral replication, eases symptoms so our over-active immune systems don't do more harm than good, and gives people more time to develop the correct antibodies.

Those elderly patients never had a chance. What hospitals needed to do was crank up the heat and humidify the air in the building. Open windows for sunlight, and allow air to heat or humidify the room if those conditions are present. This probably could have reduced the spread of the virus from patient-to-patient or patient to doctor. As a consequence of not taking these measures, you have old people dying in cool, dry long-term care facilities, because the AC is just drying out their already parched body. The difference between kids/adults and geriatrics is 33% less body water content. Why are kidney suddenly a new symptom? Cause fat and old people lose the ability to reabsorb water with increased fatness and age. Take my word for it.

Everything that's happened so far makes complete sense. This is just like the flu, except people don't have a vaccine. Welcome to my world. Yeah of course distancing works. I've practicing it for decades. Then when the bullet-proof vaccine solution wasn't available, the world S### themselves. Studies exist indicating there is a way to cure viruses like the flu and corona by attacking the targeted transmission area with a biologic without increasing cytotoxins, or at the very least, make people tolerant of the symptoms similar to the new HIV biologics. This should have been a priority of the medical community, but they just didn't pursue it. So other countries did. China, Germany, and South Korea.

Anyway, I digress. I'm putting an end to this economy thing. Do you think there are not grave consequences to blown up economy? People have been born or lived in times just like the one we are entering. They become nihilistic and extreme. This shutdown is exactly the type of event that can spark wars between nations and people. People don't have jobs or money, and they can't afford essential items and necessities for their children. This is where all those horrifying stories in history begins.

Let's see where we are now. Recently, LA just reported that the food supply has been cut-off, and they're worried that the homeless will starve to death. LA cops are finding dead homeless people Portland just saw 20% uptick in suicides despite crime generally taking a nosedive since lockdown. The number of calls and texts to 211 and other suicide hotlines are up by 300% to 1000%. The blue collar areas in Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida, Texas, Ohio etc. are experiencing an upticks in mass murders of family members, and the cities are climbing back to record territory (Philly, Chicago). People have lost hope, and they no longer have anything to live for. There's about to be millions of homeless people in blue states and blue areas. Not only cause people are losing their jobs, but also cause upper and middle class people aren't around to give them money or food. The Miami mayor touts no murders in seven weeks while he rounds up all the homeless people into camps. He ain't the only one.

Home invasions are up pretty much everywhere. In Jacksonville, FL, it's up 109% with the murders up 19%. A week ago, a father and daughter were shot during a home invasion in Austin, Texas.

Worst off, the stories of domestic violence are becoming more prevalent and horrendously more violent. Yesterday, a San Antonio woman killed her two children and mother, and then shot herself. Four days ago, a Wisconsin man shot five members of his family ranging from 14-43, and turned the gun on himself. On March 31, a doctor and her husband was shot by their daughter's boyfriend, cause the the latter couple was upset that the doctor wanted them to practice social distancing. Multiple reports around the country now of Police finding bodies in abandoned cars, forests, and apartments.

In the last 72 hours, over 300 murders and suicides have been reported. Overdose deaths are up an average of 25 to 40 percent in counties and states with the most up-to-date numbers, which means an extra 17-28,000 people. Check out this picture of a couple dead of an overdose on a MTA subway train that was shared to social media.

I'll take it a bit closer to home for you. Greenville County, NC with a 150% increase in overdoses since this time last year. Dozens of stories of men and women, black and white, dying from overdoses.

Take a good look at the economy. No it's "not great." It's a -------- disaster and we'll be lucky to avoid a major war or a long depression. Memorial Day is coming up. A lot of businesses in your area make their fortunes on that one day. If they go down, then there won't be any jobs. That'll be a huge carve-out of the middle class in the Carolinas.

Let's get real. 50% of the covid-19 deaths came from nursing homes or care facilities. 88% of people who were put on a ventilator died, and people over 65 died 97% of the time. The main form of treatment for covid-19 patients was oxygen tanks, and lacking oxygen was just a symptom of a symptom.

Why is pure oxygen bad for someone with a virus? When I was an EMT the main complaint about oxygen was irritation of upper and lower respiratory tracts due to the dry nature of these devices, which are only made a bit better when you attach a humidifying apparatus. Like I mentioned over a month ago, reasonably hot/warm and humid air must be inhaled by a patient suffering from flu, rhinovirus, or coronavirus in order target the infected location. A fever fails to do the trick cause it targets the body in a general manner. You also drink and inhale hot/warm fluids so you can keep your body warm, increase your heart rate like bats and all mammals do when they need to combat the viral infection, sweat until your drenched, and then rest/sleep for hours so your body has time to recover and cool. Also, sunlight, nutrition, and cool orange help. All of this aid the immune system. It prevents viral replication, eases symptoms so our over-active immune systems don't do more harm than good, and gives people more time to develop the correct antibodies.

Those elderly patients never had a chance. What hospitals needed to do was crank up the heat and humidify the air in the building. Open windows for sunlight, and allow air to heat or humidify the room if those conditions are present. This probably could have reduced the spread of the virus from patient-to-patient or patient to doctor. As a consequence of not taking these measures, you have old people dying in cool, dry long-term care facilities, because the AC is just drying out their already parched body. The difference between kids/adults and geriatrics is 33% less body water content. Why are kidney suddenly a new symptom? Cause fat and old people lose the ability to reabsorb water with increased fatness and age. Take my word for it.

Everything that's happened so far makes complete sense. This is just like the flu, except people don't have a vaccine. Welcome to my world. Yeah of course distancing works. I've practicing it for decades. Then when the bullet-proof vaccine solution wasn't available, the world S### themselves. Studies exist indicating there is a way to cure viruses like the flu and corona by attacking the targeted transmission area with a biologic without increasing cytotoxins, or at the very least, make people tolerant of the symptoms similar to the new HIV biologics. This should have been a priority of the medical community, but they just didn't pursue it. So other countries did. China, Germany, and South Korea.

Anyway, I digress. I'm putting an end to this economy thing. Do you think there are not grave consequences to blown up economy? People have been born or lived in times just like the one we are entering. They become nihilistic and extreme. This shutdown is exactly the type of event that can spark wars between nations and people. People don't have jobs or money, and they can't afford essential items and necessities for their children. This is where all those horrifying stories in history begins.

Let's see where we are now. Recently, LA just reported that the food supply has been cut-off, and they're worried that the homeless will starve to death. LA cops are finding dead homeless people Portland just saw 20% uptick in suicides despite crime generally taking a nosedive since lockdown. The number of calls and texts to 211 and other suicide hotlines are up by 300% to 1000%. The blue collar areas in Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida, Texas, Ohio etc. are experiencing an upticks in mass murders of family members, and the cities are climbing back to record territory (Philly, Chicago). People have lost hope, and they no longer have anything to live for. There's about to be millions of homeless people in blue states and blue areas. Not only cause people are losing their jobs, but also cause upper and middle class people aren't around to give them money or food. The Miami mayor touts no murders in seven weeks while he rounds up all the homeless people into camps. He ain't the only one.

Home invasions are up pretty much everywhere. In Jacksonville, FL, it's up 109% with the murders up 19%. A week ago, a father and daughter were shot during a home invasion in Austin, Texas.

Worst off, the stories of domestic violence are becoming more prevalent and horrendously more violent. Yesterday, a San Antonio woman killed her two children and mother, and then shot herself. Four days ago, a Wisconsin man shot five members of his family ranging from 14-43, and turned the gun on himself. On March 31, a doctor and her husband was shot by their daughter's boyfriend, cause the the latter couple was upset that the doctor wanted them to practice social distancing. Multiple reports around the country now of Police finding bodies in abandoned cars, forests, and apartments.

In the last 72 hours, over 300 murders and suicides have been reported. Overdose deaths are up an average of 25 to 40 percent in counties and states with the most up-to-date numbers, which means an extra 17-28,000 people. Check out this picture of a couple dead of an overdose on a MTA subway train that was shared to social media.

I'll take it a bit closer to home for you. Greenville County, NC with a 150% increase in overdoses since this time last year. Dozens of stories of men and women, black and white, dying from overdoses.

Take a good look at the economy. No it's "not great." It's a poop disaster and we'll be lucky to avoid a major war or a long depression. Memorial Day is coming up. A lot of businesses in your area make their fortunes on that one day. If they go down, then there won't be any jobs. That'll be a huge carve-out of the middle class in the Carolinas.

Are you implying overdoses are up.because of covid?

Are you implying overdoses are up.because of covid?

The sheriffs, police chiefs, and attorney generals in all those counties and cities have affirmed it. Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, West New York, Ohio, NC, SC, and Minnesota officials have also corroborated that claim, in addition to the high volume of suicide, domestic violence and homicide calls. These are natural consequences of people losing their job. Drug treatment centers, homeless shelters, and suicide prevention centers are providing limited assistance or none at all. There aren't any therapist, AA meetings, or group sessions.

Its not debatable IMO, SIP and social distancing work better than any other method.....period full stop.... and its a totally logical thought process as to why. It might not be the best economically etc but when it comes down to saving lives it is better and nothing can logically be argued to suggest that is not the case.

I got no problem with questioning anything but bring data and facts to support it.....there is tons of solid logical reasoning and science to show social distancing works better than any other method when no vaccine is available.

Just to be clear, I'm questioning the effectiveness of lock downs -- not social/physical distancing. The two approaches are different, though can be used in combination.

South Korea has had no SIP/lock down order and yet is routinely lauded by the press and politicians for their approach. Granted, their approach has been vastly different from Sweden (and the US), but again, you assert that "SIP and social distancing work better than any other method... period full stop".

A quick google search finds an article from the very same publication you referenced earlier (The Guardian) questioning whether a lock down/SIP order versus attempting to achieve herd immunity using Sweden's approach is the best strategy to confront the pandemic. The article states there is yet any hard evidence to support which approach is "correct" at this time, which is the point I've been trying to make here.

Which is the best option, lockdown or herd immunity? We're about to find out

I'm glad you're so certain of the correct approach less than 60 days into this crisis. I'll admit it may be proved to be the best approach, but I'm far from convinced at this time. Ideally, we'll revisit in 18 months once, hopefully, we have a vaccine and the postmortem regarding the effectiveness of various countries' approach to handling the pandemic is fully known. Stay well!

The sheriffs, police chiefs, and attorney generals in all those counties and cities have affirmed it. Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, West New York, Ohio, NC, SC, and Minnesota officials have also corroborated that claim, in addition to the high volume of suicide, domestic violence and homicide calls. These are natural consequences of people losing their job. Drug treatment centers, homeless shelters, and suicide prevention centers are providing limited assistance or none at all. There aren't any therapist, AA meetings, or group sessions.

Ok so yall know me and downeastnc are brothers. You posted about Greenville county ( its really Pitt county) and a 150% increase in ODs.

The problem is the WNCT report you linked was from AUGUST 2ND 2019. Thenlady in the article whos son died happened to have died in MARCH 2019.

Do better on sourcing please.

Just a model from one university but it states it blends multiple models showing the same situation.

This is one model of many as the article states, "When asked about the model projecting a summer surge Kemp said his teams don’t rely on a single model, but many." The engineer also indicated that the model is pure speculation that relies on people throwing caution to the wind by not practicing the social distancing and safety rules that were practiced during the lockdown. Basically like Covid-19 never happened. This model is worth as much as the 15 day guidance on the GooFuS.

I mean, isn’t there likely to be some form of second wave everywhere?
Yes but from the sounds of it, it could be more severe if all restrictions are lifted especially too quickly? The article says GA could be in the millions by the end of summer and have around 20K deaths if we lift every restriction. Maybe that's worst case, but even arguing less of that extreme still puts us at a higher risk of peaking higher in the next round.

This is one model of many as the article states, "When asked about the model projecting a summer surge Kemp said his teams don’t rely on a single model, but many." The engineer also stated that the model is pure speculation that relies on people throwing caution to the wind by not practicing the social distancing and safety rules that were practiced during the lockdown. This model is worth as much as the 15 day guidance on the GooFuS.
That's why I said just a model. However people need to remain social distancing in public if we want the next peak to be far lower.

Yes but from the sounds of it, it could be more severe if all restrictions are lifted especially too quickly? The article says GA could be in the millions by the end of summer and have around 20K deaths if we lift every restriction. Maybe that's worst case, but even arguing less of that extreme still puts us at a higher risk of peaking higher in the next round.

That's not what he's saying. The article is taking some liberties. He's predicting that things will get real bad if people go hug and kiss grandma and grandpa.

Based on the numbers im looking at, shouldnt NC be one of the first states to open up ? 320+ deaths out of 10 million people. NC seems to have fared far better than GA.

NC is also isn't testing, so don't believe our numbers.

NCDHHS

Particularly this exert

For people with mild symptoms who don’t need medical care, getting a test will not change what you or your doctor do. Testing is most important for people who are seriously ill, in the hospital, people in high-risk settings like nursing homes or long-term care facilities, and healthcare workers and other first responders who are caring for those with COVID-19.

IE, if you're not one of these, we don't really care if you have it.

and this exert also

NCDHHS is working closely with local health departments, the State Laboratory for Public Health and health care providers to provide ongoing guidance for when testing is appropriate.

Again, We don't really want to know.

But, enough conjecture here are their requirements to get tested.

Only those who meet the following criteria should ask their doctor or local health department about being tested for COVID-19:

1. Have fever or lower respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath) and close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case within the past 14 days; OR
  2. Have fever and lower respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath) and a negative rapid flu test

So any numbers you see from NC are a joke. NC DHHS doesn't even have a clue where this state is regarding Covid-19. The governor has his "requirements" for opening the state back up, but really these requirements are nonsense. It's a giant smoke screen to give the impression that NC is "On top of it".

This Rant comes from a personal level. Saturday I woke with a soar throat, and by the afternoon I had Shortness of Breath. I'm winded like i just smoked 4 cigarettes and then walked up a few flights of stairs. No Fever. Probably just a cold or one of the other 100,000 viruses that infect humans. By monday Symptoms haven't gotten better. Started looking around to see what my course of actions were. Here's what happened:

Primary care has closed its office to in person appointments, and tells you if you have any symptoms to call Novant Hospital. DON'T COME HERE
Novant Says: Stay Home unless you need Emergency Care.
State DHHS says. No Test For You.

So, take any NC numbers and toss them. They are worthless. While GA may be opening up too quick, you know it's numbers are probably closer to reality than NC due to the availability of Testing.

NC is also isn't testing, so don't believe our numbers.

NCDHHS

Particularly this exert

IE, if you're not one of these, we don't really care if you have it.

and this exert also

Again, We don't really want to know.

But, enough conjecture here are their requirements to get tested.

So any numbers you see from NC are a joke. NC DHHS doesn't even have a clue where this state is regarding Covid-19. The governor has his "requirements" for opening the state back up, but really these requirements are nonsense. It's a giant smoke screen to give the impression that NC is "On top of it".

This Rant comes from a personal level. Saturday I woke with a soar throat, and by the afternoon I had Shortness of Breath. I'm winded like i just smoked 4 cigarettes and then walked up a few flights of stairs. No Fever. Probably just a cold or one of the other 100,000 viruses that infect humans. By monday Symptoms haven't gotten better. Started looking around to see what my course of actions were. Here's what happened:

Primary care has closed its office to in person appointments, and tells you if you have any symptoms to call Novant Hospital. DON'T COME HERE
Novant Says: Stay Home unless you need Emergency Care.
State DHHS says. No Test For You.

So, take any NC numbers and toss them. They are worthless. While GA may be opening up too quick, you know it's numbers are probably closer to reality than NC due to the availability of Testing.

Same here. I'm having what I would bet are severe allergies lastnight and today with a slight cough. In no way do I think I have it. No fever, aches or any symptoms others than a slightly stuffy nose and a random cough.

Why would I want to be tested? My wife works at an assisted living complex and if i have it would be crucial for her to know that.

This entire pandemic has been handled like a Bush league no nothings are in charge.

I mean we haveall these health agencies that finally had their time to shine and they are about as bright as a burned out neon light.

Same here. I'm having what I would bet are severe allergies lastnight and today with a slight cough. In no way do I think I have it. No fever, aches or any symptoms others than a slightly stuffy nose and a random cough.

Why would I want to be tested? My wife works at an assisted living complex and if i have it would be crucial for her to know that.

This entire pandemic has been handled like a Bush league no nothings are in charge.

I mean we haveall these health agencies that finally had their time to shine and they are about as bright as a burned out neon light.

Do you have itchy eyes?

Do you have itchy eyes?

Not too bad. Theres some kind of flowering tree. A Japanese somethinor other. It smells great and people use them for ornamental trees but they are my nemesis. Tear me down every year when they bloom. Usually isnt until a little later in May but they're early this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back