• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point we need to get back to work. 16 million people unemployed and not paying their rent to property owners for a couple of months is bad, but continuing to shutdown the domestic economy will cause societal breakdown at some point. China is already back to work. They provide temperature checks, PPE, and propaganda to their workers. Keep international and state travel closed, and close down the borders. Keep this thing contained. Absolutely no European or Chinese travel under any circumstance for the next year until a vaccine or cure is discovered, including diplomatic. They've lost that curtesy. Provide the infrastructure to make our own products and supplies domestically like China.

There will flare-ups the coronavirus in the country, but at some point we're going to need to accept that risk for general stability. We can trace and contain the flare-ups as long as the Republican and Democrat congressmen choose to get out of their homes and govern from Washington in case measures need to be taken to help quell another outbreak.

lol, other counties want to keep the US out. Shutting down our borders internationally doesn’t do any good. The virus is here and widespread.

Stop interstate travel? Why? You want to make the economy worse do what you suggest.

Your post is really really bad.

At some point we need to get back to work. 16 million people unemployed and not paying their rent to property owners for a couple of months is bad, but continuing to shutdown the domestic economy will cause societal breakdown at some point. China is already back to work. They provide temperature checks, PPE, and propaganda to their workers. Keep international and state travel closed, and close down the borders. Keep this thing contained. Absolutely no European or Chinese travel under any circumstance for the next year until a vaccine or cure is discovered, including diplomatic. They've lost that curtesy. Provide the infrastructure to make our own products and supplies domestically like China.

There will flare-ups the coronavirus in the country, but at some point we're going to need to accept that risk for general stability. We can trace and contain the flare-ups as long as the Republican and Democrat congressmen choose to get out of their homes and govern from Washington in case measures need to be taken to help quell another outbreak.
Yes, please tell me how we will build thousands of factories and get the raw materials from only our country to manufacture all of these goods without pulling from another country entirely. We'd pump 10 trillion into that and only get 5% out of what we can get worldwide and it would take at least 6 months to get there IF they push the construction to wartime-like speeds. Re-purposing old factories? A lot require repair or no longer exist. We have no other short term options but to keep international trade going to some degree.

Unfortunately, Germany still refuses to shut down its borders with Belgium and the Netherlands. That particular border area is about as bad as the one near Munich, where Milanese researchers have allegedly traced the origins of the Covid-19 outbreak in Italy.

It's just been a total cluster$$$$ in Europe. France, Spain and the UK have double the Covid-19 deaths as the U.S., and they aren't even capable of testing as many people as the U.S. Germany is the only country with the industrial infrastructure to produce enough tests for their population, and they have been run out of many medical supplies.

Well, it's always been Germany's historical role to cause as many European deaths as possible...

Folks, life will NEVER return to the normal we once knew and took for granted. That's just facts. It has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with science and the fact that we as a world, have been ignoring reality for as we could. As much as I want life to go back to pre-2020, it's just not going to happen. However, we will learn to adjust and adapt. It's just the way it is. We can do it, but we have to work together and keep personal beliefs out.

Folks, life will NEVER return to the normal we once knew and took for granted. That's just facts. It has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with science and the fact that we as a world, have been ignoring reality for as we could. As much as I want life to go back to pre-2020, it's just not going to happen. However, we will learn to adjust and adapt. It's just the way it is. We can do it, but we have to work together and keep personal beliefs out.
What things will not go back to normal just curious to your thoughts?

I hope this is meant to be a bit hyperbolic. I'm on more of the pessimistic side of things than this board, but even I think that we will more or less be back to normal within 2 years at the absolute (and i mean ABSOLUTE) worst.

Either we find decent treatments or else herd immunity kicks in. About the only way that doesn't happen is if immunity after infection (or a vaccine) doesn't last long at all and everyone gets infected again and again and again. At that point, Darwin would unfortunately win out and you are right, this would last a while before those who are predisposed to recover easily are left.

I always look at HIV/AIDs and Ebola as examples of what we can treat with modern medicine. Both used to be non-negotiable death sentences, and now both can be effectively treated even if they are still very dangerous. This isn't HIV/AIDs or Ebola.

What things will not go back to normal just curious to your thoughts?

Well, a lot. I think, in general, people are going to more hesitant to go out in big crowds. Stadiums and sports venues will have a limit as to how many people can attend. Handshaking will become an elbow bump or just a simplified hello. I could go on, but the general idea is that life won't be the same. And that's okay. If anything, this pandemic has taught us that life is precious and we should never take anything for granted.

lol, other counties want to keep the US out. Shutting down our borders internationally doesn’t do any good. The virus is here and widespread.

Stop interstate travel? Why? You want to make the economy worse do what you suggest.

When/if we get the virus under control, it would probably be a good idea to limit international travel to some degree, at least with countries with active outbreaks.

It might affect YOUR LIFE. I am going full speed ahead when June rolls around

When/if we get the virus under control, it would probably be a good idea to limit international travel to some degree, at least with countries with active outbreaks.

meh, it’s a global world. We are so far and beyond worse than any other country who do we want to keep out? I think you will find we are the pariah here.

Well, a lot. I think, in general, people are going to more hesitant to go out in big crowds. Stadiums and sports venues will have a limit as to how many people can attend. Handshaking will become an elbow bump or just a simplified hello. I could go on, but the general idea is that life won't be the same. And that's okay. If anything, this pandemic has taught us that life is precious and we should never take anything for granted.
So basically you are predicting the NBA, NFL, MLB will cease to exist. College football as well.

He did not mean state travel in America. State travel abroad. Wait so you are saying open up international flights now? We’re you not wanting complete lockdown of the US for months? How many did you think would die from this virus?

Trump is almost guaranteed to lift some restrictions end of April. Keep borders closed as other countries are doing. Companies that were doing business overseas as in making products can start put plans in motion to bring jobs to America by bringing it back here to make. If they want to keep overseas production that’s their loss.

He did not mean state travel in America. State travel abroad. Wait so you are saying open up international flights now? We’re you not wanting complete lockdown of the US for months? How many did you think would die from this virus?

Trump is almost guaranteed to lift some restrictions end of April. Keep borders closed as other countries are doing. Companies that were doing business overseas as in making products can start put plans in motion to bring jobs to America by bringing it back here to make. If they want to keep overseas production that’s their loss.

yeah, I’m fine with opening up international travel now. I’m also ready to open up the country in about two weeks. It’s clear now hospitals aren’t going to be overrun.

I’ve never been for shutting down travel from China or Europe. We live in a global world it is what it is. Mitigation is our only way out of this. People are going to die. It is what it is.

yeah, I’m fine with opening up international travel now. I’m also ready to open up the country in about two weeks. It’s clear now hospitals aren’t going to be overrun.

I’ve never been for shutting down travel from China or Europe. We live in a global world it is what it is. Mitigation is our only way out of this. People are going to die. It is what it is.
Wow. Complete reversal of your opinion than a couple weeks ago. You might get called mentally insane like I did for thinking this way.

NC likely made a grave mistake on the 5pm Monday rule. He was pressured to do it before everyone went Easter shopping for food and etc but missed it. I expect the curve to go up because of Easter gatherings even if it’s just family&friends.

So basically you are predicting the NBA, NFL, MLB will cease to exist. College football as well.
I will go to a stadium. Heck one can die just driving there. Get out and just practice hygiene. Help inject money into the economy. Let’s live and make best of each day we have to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back