• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of us know exactly but I do know that China could have waited a month or two months max to report the first case. I still stand by the belief that I possibly had this in January. I will get an antibodies test.

First case I believe was December 10th and they didnt report the first case until dec 31st if I read the article correctly

Yep I also tested NEG last year with dry cough, fever,. Told I was dehydrated and asked if I traveled to Guam or some desert? I recovered. But experienced one day of hell could barely walk.

When will we know if Easter causes a huge spike here in the states? I know many families will be gathering.

They've been tracking the genomes and they say its highly doubtful this was on the west coast in December based on tracking mutations.

This is interesting. Like always take with salt.

Unfortunately, Germany still refuses to shut down its borders with Belgium and the Netherlands. That particular border area is about as bad as the one near Munich, where Milanese researchers have allegedly traced the origins of the Covid-19 outbreak in Italy.

It's just been a total cluster$$$$ in Europe. France, Spain and the UK have double the Covid-19 deaths as the U.S., and they aren't even capable of testing as many people as the U.S. Germany is the only country with the industrial infrastructure to produce enough tests for their population, and they have been run out of many medical supplies.

Serious question: now that we have flattened the curve (in NC) and nowhere near maxing out the hospitals, is this really necessary?

Serious question: now that we have flattened the curve (in NC) and nowhere near maxing out the hospitals, is this really necessary?

Yes, because if we don't there's a possibility that the curve would start going up again. Until cases across the US start to decline, meaning that every state is reporting fewer and fewer cases, etc. We are not out of the woods. I am impressed with NC's response to this overall. But we can't let our guards down.

Yes, because if we don't there's a possibility that the curve would start going up again. Until cases across the US start to decline, meaning that every state is reporting fewer and fewer cases, etc. We are not out of the woods. I am impressed with NC's response to this overall. But we can't let our guards down.
I say we keep doing what we've been doing for another week then reevaluate.

Part of the problem is that while the US seems far better off than it did last week, it's beginning to make rounds in Japan and Singapore. Which tells me that there could be a 2nd round.

I'm working with tv

I say we keep doing what we've been doing for another week then reevaluate.
As much as I want to get back to my office tomorrow, and as much as I want to work for my clients tomorrow ... I'd much prefer they be well, alive and open for business a year from now, rather than be temporary acquaintances or past memories as a result of premature economic salvation ... and a week from now is not going to be safe ... nor is two ... let's see where three gets us all ...

As much as I want to get back to my office tomorrow, and as much as I want to work for my clients tomorrow ... I'd much prefer they be well, alive and open for business a year from now, rather than be temporary acquaintances or past memories as a result of premature economic salvation ... and a week from now is not going to be safe ... nor is two ... let's see where three gets us all ...
Oh I know.. I was referring to the North Carolina governor ramping up the rules starting on Monday... I was just saying since the numbers are starting to decline but keep doing what we're doing.. then re-evaluate if there's more stringent measures are needed in a week.

Part of the problem is that while the US seems far better off than it did last week, it's beginning to make rounds in Japan and Singapore. Which tells me that there could be a 2nd round.

At some point we need to get back to work. 16 million people unemployed and not paying their rent to property owners for a couple of months is bad, but continuing to shutdown the domestic economy will cause societal breakdown at some point. China is already back to work. They provide temperature checks, PPE, and propaganda to their workers. Keep international and state travel closed, and close down the borders. Keep this thing contained. Absolutely no European or Chinese travel under any circumstance for the next year until a vaccine or cure is discovered, including diplomatic. They've lost that curtesy. Provide the infrastructure to make our own products and supplies domestically like China.

There will flare-ups the coronavirus in the country, but at some point we're going to need to accept that risk for general stability. We can trace and contain the flare-ups as long as the Republican and Democrat congressmen choose to get out of their homes and govern from Washington in case measures need to be taken to help quell another outbreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back