• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Cook's Nook

Reaction score
Post your wicked recipes here. Not a diet thread, more of a lust for food, gastronomical appreciation, etc...

The best spice mixes are sometimes the most basic... cayenne pepper, salt, touch of basil... on fruit, especially watermelon. Perfect.

So funny to see this thread. I was just looking at recipes. So tired of thinking of what to cook. It's weird to think about it like this but every single day of our life we have to think about what to eat and cook it. So much thinking...Why do we have to eat so much? LOL. Nevertheless another day so I'm making bbq pork nachos tonight. Simple: crock pot pork with whatever rub, shred, put on tortillas with lots of cheese, japs, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream. Hope it's good or good enough to say I successfully fed my people another day.. :) Thanks for starting this thread. Ya'll put lots of recipes on and I won't have to think so much. Thanks
Edit: I forgot to add cilantro.

Last edited:
Ok, my cooking is lazy I know, but my kids love it so here we go.

Chile:

I start with buying:

1 Big Can Bushes Chile Bean.(Hot/Mild/Original...) Buy to Your Hotness Taste
1 Can "Chili Magic" Chili starter (Hot/Mild/Original...)
2 Reg Size Cans of Chili Beans(Hot/Mild/Original...)usu I buy Pinto Chili Beans either Bushes or store brand.I just don't like the texture of Red Beans
1 Can of Hunt's Chili Tomato Sauce
2 Cans of Rotel " Chili Fixin' " Tomatoes and green peppers
Optional 1 Can of Tomato Soup
2 Pounds of Ground Chuck (Sometimes I do 1 Pound Ground Beef to 1 Pound of Ground Venison(deer) or what ever Meat you want
1 Pack of Powder Chili seasoning(Hot/Mild/Original... )

Chop 1 Medium Size Onion or Depends how much you like onions you can do to taste.

Obviously you can make a smaller serving sizes this is just what I do because we like left overs.

Spices(Some of these sound weird but the Flavors OMG):

Chili Powder
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper( or Crushed Red Pepper)
Cinnamon
Unsweetened Chocolate powder
Cumin

Add/Substitute any other Spices that you like in Chili.

Cooking:

Brown the Meat with the chopped onions at same time
Add some Chili/Onion/Garlic Powder,Salt while Browning
Drain the Grease

Get your Chili Pot

Start at Medium Heat
Add the Wet Ingredients to the pot. I usu add some water but not a lot.
Add the Browned Meat/Onions to the pot
Then Add additional spices a little at a time and adjust according to you liking Stirring and Tasting Occasional
Lower Heat and simmer. The Longer the Better.

Additional after cooking items (included but not Limited to)

Cheese of your choice
Sour Cream
Saltine Crackers
Grill Cheese...

So this is a lazy way but quick and easy and taste quite good. Chili is a good medium to try different taste combinations and should be an enjoyable meal to create. Hope you guys try it and like it.

If you like this recipe Idea I have several More Quick and Easy Recipes For Spaghetti, Oven BBQ Chicken/Chops, Penne Bake, Fried Chops and a Vegetable Soup.

Last edited:
Turkey burgers. Season with red Robbins seasoning and pink salt. Bake as directed.

If anybody likes quick salsa more like the Mexican restaurant kind. I use to make this at my cafe. I like it.

1-28 oz can whole tomatoes
2-cans original ro-tel
1/4 cup of diced onion
1/2 cup of fresh cilantro packed sort of. Not going to hurt. Put as much as you like.
Jalapeno. I use fresh and about half of a 4 incher or so.
Big garlic clove
Juice of half a lime
1/4 tsp of chili powder(maybe a hair more)
1/4 tsp of cumin(maybe a hair more)
1/4 tsp of salt (maybe a more up to 3/4 if your a salt person)
1/4 tsp of sugar

Put all in blender until you see cilantro nice and small.

Salmon paired with steak seasoning is really good.

Twice baked potatoes is really good as well.

just let on with what I'm having for dinner today...

Salmon paired with steak seasoning is really good.

Twice baked potatoes is really good as well.

just let on with what I'm having for dinner today...
What time are we eatin'? LOL.

How do you cook the salmon and what kind of steak seasoning? Sounds good. Your on the ball. I haven't even thought about dinner yet. My my.

What time are we eatin'? LOL.

How do you cook the salmon and what kind of steak seasoning? Sounds good. Your on the ball. I haven't even thought about dinner yet. My my.

Oh I'm actually not cooking, my dad is (although I "can" cook and have done it or at least helped), but there's much pleasure out of this kind of meal that I decided to share what I'm eating today.

It will be done on the iron skillet and the steak seasoning is a mix he does that he's shared online before so everyone's free to try it...

2 tsp salt, 1 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp celery salt, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1 tsp onion salt, 1 tsp ground coriander, a few scant drops of soy sauce. Mix all the salts and spices on a plate. Be careful with the soy sauce–too much and the mixture will clump up and won’t go through a salt shaker. Pour this mixture into a salt shaker. Sprinkle liberally over steaks and chops, or in ground sirloin for chopped steaks and gravy.

This seasoning is really good, and when he made salmon for the first time this way, although I already like this fish as it's one of my favorite types, it really spiced up a food I already held a liking to. It's really good.

Oh I'm actually not cooking, my dad is (although I "can" cook and have done it or at least helped), but there's much pleasure out of this kind of meal that I decided to share what I'm eating today.

It will be done on the iron skillet and the steak seasoning is a mix he does that he's shared online before so everyone's free to try it...

2 tsp salt, 1 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp celery salt, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1 tsp onion salt, 1 tsp ground coriander, a few scant drops of soy sauce. Mix all the salts and spices on a plate. Be careful with the soy sauce–too much and the mixture will clump up and won’t go through a salt shaker. Pour this mixture into a salt shaker. Sprinkle liberally over steaks and chops, or in ground sirloin for chopped steaks and gravy.

This seasoning is really good, and when he made salmon for the first time this way, although I already like this fish as it's one of my favorite types, it really spiced up a food I already held a liking to. It's really good.
Oh thank you. Sounds like your dad's seasoning would be good on anything and it doesn't have added stuff like a prepared store bought seasoning. Thanks bunches, I will try it.

I’m experimenting with potato stuffed tuna. Working on the right seasoning and prob pair it with a light salad. Easy and cheap.

You'd be amazed what you can do if you check out some professional chef stuff like Gordon Ramsay, his style when it comes to fresh herbs and things.. even how he grills burgers..

And remove all his "weird" ingredients.. and over doing of things and apply a Southern touch instead.

Things actually turn out great. For example, mayo on a burger.. lightly toasted.. on BOTH sides of the bun. I used to make my burgers with just a little mayo on one side. That one tip from Gordon really improved the flavor profile, for example.

The fresh herbs thing he talks about. It makes a world of difference. Fresh rosemary from your own garden is leagues better than from the super market.. I mention Rosemary, because it's one of the stronger ones.. but others work the same. It starts to lose it's potency as soon as it's broken off.. the fresher, always the better.

For his local restaurants, he stops by nurseries that work with him for 100% brand new herbs he takes in every morning.

You'd be amazed what you can do if you check out some professional chef stuff like Gordon Ramsay, his style when it comes to fresh herbs and things.. even how he grills burgers..

And remove all his "weird" ingredients.. and over doing of things and apply a Southern touch instead.

Things actually turn out great. For example, mayo on a burger.. lightly toasted.. on BOTH sides of the bun. I used to make my burgers with just a little mayo on one side. That one tip from Gordon really improved the flavor profile, for example.

The fresh herbs thing he talks about. It makes a world of difference. Fresh rosemary from your own garden is leagues better than from the super market.. I mention Rosemary, because it's one of the stronger ones.. but others work the same. It starts to lose it's potency as soon as it's broken off.. the fresher, always the better.

For his local restaurants, he stops by nurseries that work with him for 100% brand new herbs he takes in every morning.
I always see on the cooking shows them toasting the buns and say I'm going to do that. Always in a hurry and skip a step but it would make a big difference. Also the mayo thing...Yum.

When I get my house and barn built the next thing I want to do is look into how to build a greenhouse that will allow for growing stuff year round. Spinach, lettuces, herbs, veggies. Since we are in the south maybe I could figure that out. Maybe heaters and only for a short period. I don't know but I'm sort of excited to get on that project. The best spinach I ever had was what I grew..OMGsh, It was sooo good and healthy. So tired of having to worry about food being tainted from the store these days.

Since we do low carb I make my own granola and it's actually very good. We use nuts: almonds, walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed meal, pulse in food processor, add an egg white, a no calorie fine sweetener, melted butter and vanilla. 17 minutes in the oven and voila... darn tasty keto friendly, crunchy goodness.

Some of my favorites

Chicken Piccata
(Some recipes call for wine but this is a pretty easy one I’ve found that replicated the taste, don’t forget the capers)

Hibachi Chicken
(Seems like a lot but really you just do these 3 steps, the rest is just noise but gives measurements)
1) cook thinly cut chicken in vegetable + sesame oil mixture
2) add 1tbsp butter right before step 3
3) pour over soy sauce and lemon juice mixture and simmer until reduced
4) serve with rice and white sauce.

It’s not bad and is actually very cheap.

And last but not least

Mississippi Roast, I could eat this all year
-Serve with potatoes

l

Little late night, after work cooking.. (plus red wine, drinking and adding to the pot):

chicken ziti in modified ragu, with cottage cheese, spinach and heavy on the basil. Turned out pretty nice. The cottage cheese did a weird thing, but I should have expected that. Little curd chunks that didn't really melt.

I’m making spaghetti sauce. It’s going to simmer all day. Should be awesome come dinner time.

Attachments

• 8E2C4644-084E-4201-842A-0C001DE76876.jpeg
    8E2C4644-084E-4201-842A-0C001DE76876.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 12
  • F86B11C9-10C4-4A61-BEC5-912EF43E27C0.jpeg
    F86B11C9-10C4-4A61-BEC5-912EF43E27C0.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 12
  • F2B813C7-FD59-4B99-BC72-21EC7D785AE1.jpeg
    F2B813C7-FD59-4B99-BC72-21EC7D785AE1.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 5F8A5925-C603-42C3-9BDB-49E3CEADCF78.jpeg
    5F8A5925-C603-42C3-9BDB-49E3CEADCF78.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 11
  • EECD8BD9-40DB-4812-9E24-C9EA2746964B.jpeg
    EECD8BD9-40DB-4812-9E24-C9EA2746964B.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 036C946B-0B45-42BB-8BFC-F4A24B8DD956.jpeg
    036C946B-0B45-42BB-8BFC-F4A24B8DD956.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 12
6bf33fb7488f248c9178829f0114c70b.jpg

Sauce simmering now. If anyone wants the recipe, hit me with a DM.

Got some steaks (thick ribeyes) to marinade overnight... any suggestions? Got a cabinet-ful of condiments, sauces in the fridge...

My wife made this 8 years ago and it is a family favorite. Hardly ever eat regular spaghetti anymore. Also, double the bacon called for because..... well it's BACON.

Back