• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Conspiracy Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for starting this thread. Now, I'd like @Rain Cold to share his thoughts on the Nashville bombing. Why should we not trust the "official" narrative?

I'm not suggesting that should always trust the official narrative. But I want to know specifically why in this case.

From where I sit, it seems to me that we have a serious problem with conspiracy theories in our society. The Nashville bombing is a perfect example. People from every side of the ideological/political divide seem to have some kind of theory that differs from the official narrative. This is becoming the norm for seemingly everything that happens.

When a person lives in a world where everything is a conspiracy, that puts that person in the position of determining that which is true or false. This is a very dangerous place to be.
What is the official narrative?

Yep, 0 evidence of anything provided to one court in this country, but it's still real to them anyway.

It is very possible that even the #1 spreader of this, Trump himself, doesn’t really believe it (and he very well may never have fully believed it). This is so bad that numerous Trump/Pence signs are still on lawns as if the election weren’t finalized! I still see quite a few in my neighborhood in contrast to not seeing even the first Biden/Harris sign remaining up since just after the election. Some of the believers include highly intelligent/knowledgeable folks like docs and lawyers! I know some of them.

In case anyone is wondering, I’m not a Democrat and am right of center.

This leads to this question: Is the average intelligence level of believers in conspiracy theories in general any lower than that of nonbelievers?

I guess I need to get out more, there are 5G conspiracy theories? Wow.... lol

The ones I'm most familiar with are that 5G causes cancer or other disease and or that it allows for the government to spy on us common folk.

So I just did a brief search and I guess I am living a sheltered life these days, haha had no idea 5G was connected to the spread of COVID.... wut??!!

And is this thread going to turn into another political thread? Seems to be headed that way

In most of Europe the 5G roll out coincided with the CV lock downs. The installers were putting up 5G antennas while everyone was stuck in their flats watching them do it - really caused a psychosis.

So I just did a brief search and I guess I am living a sheltered life these days, haha had no idea 5G was connected to the spread of COVID.... wut??!!

And is this thread going to turn into another political thread? Seems to be headed that way

That's just my point: most of our conspiracies now days are tied to politics. Each side seems to thrive off of these things when they cannot come to terms with the official narrative, whatever that may be.

For last four years, some have operated under the belief that Trump stole the election via the Russians. I believe that has been disproven. But some on the other side can't begin to accept that.

The same thing is happening in reverse. For the next four years certain people will believe--without any evidence--that Biden stole the election. Round and round we go and where we get off, no one knows!

Thanks for starting this thread. Now, I'd like @Rain Cold to share his thoughts on the Nashville bombing. Why should we not trust the "official" narrative?

I'm not suggesting that should always trust the official narrative. But I want to know specifically why in this case.

From where I sit, it seems to me that we have a serious problem with conspiracy theories in our society. The Nashville bombing is a perfect example. People from every side of the ideological/political divide seem to have some kind of theory that differs from the official narrative. This is becoming the norm for seemingly everything that happens.

When a person lives in a world where everything is a conspiracy, that puts that person in the position of determining that which is true or false. This is a very dangerous place to be.

It is obviously getting worse due to the internet. There’s so much more fake news out there than there ever was and it is hard to know what’s real and what’s make believe. How do we solve this worsening problem?

And those who cannot accept that Biden won fair and square, they are diving into these wild conspiracies regarding the Nashville bombing. They are suggesting that it is connected to the Dominion voting machines (i.e. somehow the bombing will destroy evidence). Others are saying it's related to the upcoming GA senate elections.

Hopefully not.

• JFK WAS a cover-up (Blatantly obvious)
  • They Will find some fossilized microbial life on Mars. (Nothing currently alive)
  • Covid-19 WAS made in a lab (very sure on this one)
  • There is probably a cure for cancer. Big pharma don't care. They would rather you spend your money on their prolonged treatment drugs.
  • The earth is NOT flat. (have no idea why people have trouble with this one)
  • We DID walk on the moon. (We have lunar reconnaissance orbiter photos to prove this one)
  • 911 WAS a terrorist attack.
  • The government HAS experimented with controlling the weather (cloud seeding, etc...)
  • A meteor impact IS what killed the dinosaurs.
I could do this all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back