• Hello, we have changed the default theme for SouthernWX. If you prefer the old look, you can change it back to the "Default" at the bottom of the page in the theme selector. If you have any issues or problems with the new theme, let @Shawn know with a message!
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

College Basketball

Storm5

Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
Reaction score
SD link said:
Another year with Gottfried.... ::)
tell the sorority girls to watch out. that was his issue at alabama .... 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
he dropped like 50 pounds over the summer. Obviously it wasn't from coaching defense....

sigwx

Supporter
Reaction score
This will tell you how old l am, but I remember watching Gottfried play at Alabama and he was a good player, as far as a coach welllll he was a good recruiter. I think Storm nailed it, he didn't always keep his eye on coaching.

Snowflowxxl

Reaction score
Georgia Tech beat VCU last night in OT.  Going to be a bad season, but that was a nice win!

Brick Tamland

Reaction score
Looks like the same thing with my Heels this year as usual. All about focus and intensity. They looked great until the Indiana game. Got to get healthy, and stay focused and intense. It's been a common theme with them since winning it all in 09.

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
Gamecocks future wasn't looking too shabby for a change.. then one of our best players goes and gets suspended indefinitely.  Chicken curse continues.

VegasEagle

Reaction score
Starburst link said:
Gamecocks future wasn't looking too shabby for a change.. then one of our best players goes and gets suspended indefinitely.  Chicken curse continues.
I wonder if the others can step up and make up for that lost.

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score
vegaseagle link said:
[quote author=Starburst link=topic=29.msg1008#msg1008 date=1481322783]
I wonder if the others can step up and make up for that lost.
[/quote]

Gamecocks (men team) have been broken for a while.  Frank Martin coming here was a great thing and he's doing okay.  The hole we come from will take years to get out of.  Slowly but surely though!

Reaction score
Brick Tamland link said:
Looks like the same thing with my Heels this year as usual. All about focus and intensity. They looked great until the Indiana game. Got to get healthy, and stay focused and intense. It's been a common theme with them since winning it all in 09.
brick  my vols had yall today at the dean dome... let that get away from us... but future looks bright for the vols  they play 7 freshmen... congrats on the win brick... but I am proud of my vols  they led most of the game

Storm5

Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
Reaction score
big win for Auburn tonight starting 4 freshman and beating a team that was in the final four a year ago . Obviously not the same team but still , that's a nice non conference win

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Stormlover

Reaction score
Can't wait until next year, Bama has a top 2 class coming in, the best ever, easily...and Auburn will be good too. Both should not only be in the dance, but sweet 16 or better candidates

sigwx

Supporter
Reaction score
RE: College Basketball

Stormlover said:
Can't wait until next year, Bama has a top 2 class coming in, the best ever, easily...and Auburn will be good too. Both should not only be in the dance, but sweet 16 or better candidates
I am looking forward to SEC play. How well do you think Alabama will do this season? I am hoping they play better than the game l took my sons too, in B'ham. Clemson ate them up.

sigwx

Supporter
Reaction score

vegaseagle said:
Good win for Bama. I hope Auburn can do the same tomorrow.
That was a good win, the test will be Vandy they shoot the 3 ball really, a true test for the defense

Snowflowxxl

Reaction score

GT has been playing better than expected this year. Ups and downs, but I like where Coach Pastner has the direction of the program. Upset UNC the other day!

sigwx

Supporter
Reaction score

Anybody know what was said between the Clemson coach and UNC coach after the game.

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score

2-0 in SEC play! Gamecocks might actually get something done this year. Our losses are because of a major player suspension. :)

Storm5

Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
Reaction score

man auburn has hit a wall once SEC play started

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score

Shawn said:
2-0 in SEC play! Gamecocks might actually get something done this year. Our losses are because of a major player suspension. :)
I'm sure they will pay the Heels back when they come to town but dang that was a beat down!

Snowfan

Reaction score

Gamecocks starting 2-0 in SEC play does not mean they will get something done. They will have to beat the UK.

Shawn

Staff member
Administrator
Tech
Reaction score

Snowfan said:
Gamecocks starting 2-0 in SEC play does not mean they will get something done. They will have to beat the UK.
They alrdy have gotten something done by being 2-0.  They have been horrible over the years.

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score

SD said:
Lol down 27 to unc nice job gott

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I'm sure they will pay the Heels back when they come to town but dang that was a beat down!

BillT

Reaction score

college hoops thread demands a new avatar circa 1971........the caption has my name

Snowflowxxl

Reaction score

GT with with 2 ACC wins in a row over Clemson and NC State! Team playing well