• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Chevy or Ford?

Bham 99

2024 Supporter
2017-2023 Supporter
Reaction score
I am a Toyota fan at heart but between the main American auto companies which one do you prefer Chevy or Ford?

I've mostly had Ford's and Toyotas. I've got a Ford at the moment but that is after having three Toyotas in a row... I had one Chevy one time and it was a cluster.

Not really brand loyal but I’ve had great experiences with Chevrolet. Had two Nissan 240sx, great cars. After the last one I had blew a head gasket and needed a engine rebuild, I bought a 07 Chevy Cobalt. I put 180k miles on it with no problems at all except for normal maintenance and was still going great until we wrecked it. We also had a Chevy Uplander, which drove great but had some annoying problems with the auto doors. After that we bought a 09 Suburban and after 186k miles it is just starting to have minor issues. I bought a 11 HHR last year and while its ugly as sin, it is a great car and has tons of cargo room. It has 111k miles on it and if it is like the Cobalt it has another 60-80k good miles on it.

The Suburban is about to be sold and we are going on the market for a Chevy Express. We really need the room.

I drive a white ‘97 F-150 that used to be my dad’s. I love it, but I’m a nostalgic kinda guy. The check engine light is almost constantly on, it rattles at red lights, and the cruise control makes the engine rev alarmingly high. My dad always says “know what that check engine light means? Means it’s a Ford” ?

I had a 94 Chevy Silverado. Bought it in 96, had about 21,000 miles on it. Had about 280,000 miles when I got rid of it, biggest repair was a rear main seal! Great truck

Big Mercury guy
We hear ya Allan Jackson. "Gonna buy me a mercury and...."

Had a 1972 F-150 , 3 on the tree in HS 1985. Had a 2004 Dodge 1500 4x4 for 14 years 245,000 miles before selling. Got one foot in the market for a chevy now.

My favorite car to date was a 2003 Nissan Murano. The first year they came out. I loved that car! Was black on black, 245 HP, comfy, roomy, nothing looked like it at the time, except the Lexus SUV. Had about 180,000 miles on it when the tranny gave out! 4000$ later, back on the road! A few sensor issues, driver power India motor broke, sold it with 260,000 miles! Would buy it again, in a second!

Back