• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush

I mean, where’s all the discussion? Should be a lot of severe today, especially for NC peeps!?

Thank you for this post. I think many read these maps incorrectly. It's not a prediction of magnitude.
If I may momentarily jump back in (since I posted the maps) ... Usually I mention that they are merely probability maps, and not reflective of actual temps; but that was not the point of the post, as ForsythSnow so astutely realized ... the point was that the "hype" (not from here, btw) that summer "is over" is just not necessarily based in reality ... ergo, Auntie Em ...
I'll endeavor to be more direct from now on ... hopefully that doesn't lessen the fun ... ;)

Last edited:
7D896004-9ABC-45C4-B676-32A8F4775528.jpeg The memories of Sunday’s storm!

I mean, where’s all the discussion? Should be a lot of severe today, especially for NC peeps!?

I haven't heard about anything here today. I know a couple of days ago there was talk of storms here today, but not sure if that has changed or not.

There is only a marginal risk and primarily later this evening if at all.... some of the CAM's look a little anemic imo
DlH-pTDXgAA0hYD.jpg:large

^^^^^however, SBCAPE is on the increase and with PWAT around 2.2 - 2.3 could still be an interesting late afternoon especially triangle westward....

Looks like it could be a repeat of the last couple of days here. The storms have been waiting to come through late at night and after midnight, though. Maybe we'll get them earlier today.

We’ve got some action rolling through the upstate. Hoping for a few token rain drops out of this one

Currently the radar is about spot on what the HRRR was saying!! Gives me hope for winter!:weenie:
HRRRRRR will show r/s line north of 85 and we will say “that can’t be right. I expect the frozen line to be somewhere around Newberry.” :(

On a more positive note, looks like I’m about to get fringed by some heavy rainfall

A92E36F4-C383-4DD1-9E6D-685260DCFCF7.png
On a more positive note, looks like I’m about to get fringed by some heavy rainfall
The ole Greenville county split! I’ll enjoy my .17 and and enjoy the next 12 dry days! #WINNING

^^^^^however, SBCAPE is on the increase and with PWAT around 2.2 - 2.3 could still be an interesting late afternoon especially triangle westward....
Probably going to be another night where the best coverage is after 8pm and may maximize in the 10pm to 2am period for our corridor. This might mean our severe chances are isolated at best but with pwats through the roof flooding will be a bigger concern

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I lucked out in MBY. Getting hit with some of these smaller cells now. Need this luck to carry over into January

Back