• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

OFB’s colliding west of crown town. Should lite up soon
2a42b3783ed6b44c741341bbeb0e138a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever seen a severe thunderstorm warning this large on a nearly stationary pop up storm? I don’t think I’ve ever seen an actual circle warning bubble.
60b59279519b273943a9c84bbfc0ff3d.jpg

Reactions: SD
Raining just to my south. It's weird to say this but it hasnt rained since like 6am this morning. This is the longest stretch without rain in the last 48 hours.

1.30” today, fell between 6:10 and 7:30am, on top of almost an inch last night. Over 5” for 7 day period.

So moving paid off... big time. Lots of wind, rain, and lightning. Something about the 51, Albermarle, Independence corridors in the CLT Metro makes it a storm hotspot in the summer.

Looks like an active day for upstate South Carolina given the movement out of Tennessee. Isolated further north of Charlotte and west of i77.

A few large trees came down across the road on Durant in North Raleigh yesterday during that storm and took down some power lines. Was pretty impressive little swath of damage. I'm guessing a burst of straight line winds. When it hit I remember thinking, wow that was a pretty good gust. About a mile away it must have been even stronger to cause the damage and knock out power for many for a few hours.

Looks like an active day for upstate South Carolina given the movement out of Tennessee. Isolated further north of Charlotte and west of i77.

Cloud cover may hinder development over the upstate today. Looks like areas to the East actually stand a better chance of seeing storms.

Cloud cover may hinder development over the upstate today. Looks like areas to the East actually stand a better chance of seeing storms.

Idk, it wouldn’t shock me if CLT gets shafted today, MCV should move to our south meaning maybe some weak subsidence, we have to rely on the very weak lee trough, while cape is good sometimes forcing is more important, and the atrocious mid level lapse rates don’t help F0959258-3930-457E-9905-0989862196B6.png

Idk, it wouldn’t shock me if CLT gets shafted today, MCV should move to our south meaning maybe some weak subsidence, we have to rely on the very weak lee trough, while cape is good sometimes forcing is more important, and the atrocious mid level lapse rates don’t help View attachment 46279

Fair enough. We will have to wait and see I guess. I didn’t expect anything yesterday and ended up with over an inch in under 45 minutes. I still think someone gets something in the Metro, just might be more isolated in nature.

Back