• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Arid August

Picked up another 2.6" last night. Extremely heavy rain. Sitting at 14.03" for the month but you'd never know it unless you looked at the rivers. Grass and trees never really recovered from the drought that set in after that first week of May and look terrible. We really haven't had much of a growing season at all for the trees. That put off some new growth in April/Early May but haven't had a second burst of growth in summer. My red oaks don't usually leaf out until the 2nd week or so of April and just haven't done anything after that.

In Texas you're looking at an Excessive Heat Warning surrounded by a Heat Advisory. Up through lunchtime yesterday I was mostly in my air conditioned vehicle, and between that and being earlier in the day, I wasn't noticeably affected by heat, but I did notice I could put away drink after drink without feeling actually thirsty.

1724134668559.png

just walked outside to take a phone call, seems overrated so far
Haven't been out yet (retired life) now I gotta check it out myself, figured it was probably a little overrated today. Maybe tomorrow and Thursday mornings lows will over perform

Back