• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

Plenty of rain coming for areas that need it in South Carolina and Georgia this upcoming Weekend.

Hoping for a 2nd really good rain about a week from now. Every major op and ensemble mean has this SE low and its associated generous rains. :)

Some of my buddies were in Cherokee and they had a coating snow on the ground this morning

Pretty wild

It’s 36.9 degrees here at 1:27 pm on April 16th. It’s been snowing off and on since early this morning and I even managed a little dusting. Since March 12th I’ve had 4 snows of a dusting or more and 2 more flurry events. That’s 6 times I’ve seen snow fall since March 12th. In retrospect last years horrible winter I only saw snow fall 3 times the whole season with one dusting. I don’t know how anyone in the south could not love this cooler weather. This season has been a once or twice in a lifetime event as far as how late and how often it has snowed.

1702e581472c05d910952f09c08aa8d1.jpg

a872550b896b96b1b00b7202529d50d4.jpg

3ff53a2833fd62da787cbd57ca682f74.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah, I forgot about the midnight deal with that..... sunset at 8 pm this time of year, so even if sun breaks out, I think we still have a shot for the daily min max....

With a good bit of sunshine now, it rose at Chat. from 39 last hour to 43 as of 2PM CDT/3 PM EDT. Will the high stay below the current record low high of 48? Though it rose 4 last hour, it is getting pretty late in the day with no more than 2 or 3 hours of warming potential left. Now, upstream temp.'s in far N AL including Huntsville are already in the high 40s though further north at Fayetteville, TN, it is still only 46 with full sunshine. Will it make it to 48?

With a good bit of sunshine now, it rose at Chat. from 39 last hour to 43 as of 2PM CDT/3 PM EDT. Will the high stay below the current record low high of 48? Though it rose 4 last hour, it is getting pretty late in the day with no more than 2 or 3 hours of warming potential left. Now, upstream temp.'s in far N AL including Huntsville are already in the high 40s though further north at Fayetteville, TN, it is still only 46 with full sunshine. Will it make it to 48?
Currently sitting at 47 here and has cleared out quite a bit. Still some low clouds, but it's very windy still, so I'm not sure we will make it up to even 50 today. I'd say that Chattanooga has a shot at beating the low high.

interesting (to me):
#of 80 degree days by month...
Feb:3
Mar:0
April:4 (so far). Also, entirely possible won't hit 80 again until May. Highest temp forecast on my 10 day is 78.

Frost advisory tonight !! Winning

the suspense is killing me... :)

At Chat., it rose from 39 to 43 to 46 the last two hours with the sun out. Is it currently mostly sunny there now? The relatively high mid April sun angle is trying to kill your chances. ;) But we know what Yogi always said. So, let's wait and see.

April 16th ...

Do you see a chance for high 30s tonight at the Great Radiator?

Edit: The latest 32 or lower on record at Gainesville, FL, is 4/17 vs 4/13 at Montgomery, AL and 4/11 at Shreveport, LA!

Last edited:
Do you see a chance for high 30s tonight at the Great Radiator?
You know, I've been looking at that, with what little bit of time today has allowed for such a pleasant diversion; NWS is nowhere close, and the winds are still pretty brisk; definitely 30's in the Suwannee Valley tonight, but around Hogtown, I'm just not sure; DP is surely right, just the winds may stir it up a bit too much ... but I'd love to see a frost tomorrow AM at daybreak while walking ... ;):cool:

EDIT:
But Larry, I'm not writing off the chance for a late April frosty morning, just yet ... :D

610temp.new.gif

814temp.new.gif

Last edited:
the suspense is killing me... :)

It rose to 48 at Chattanooga at 5 PM EDT/4PM CDT. 48 is the record low max for the date.

So, due to clouds it had stayed down at 39 as of 2PM EDT. However, good old sol then decided to take matters into his own hands. Once that happened, it rose to 43, then 46, and then 48 3 hours later.

It rose to 48 at Chattanooga at 5 PM EDT/4PM CDT. 48 is the record low max for the date.

So, due to clouds it had stayed down at 39 as of 2PM EDT. However, good old sol then decided to take matters into his own hands. Once that happened, it rose to 43, then 46, and then 48 3 hours later.
still has a shot at 50....... sun came out pretty good.

You know, I've been looking at that, with what little bit of time today has allowed for such a pleasant diversion; NWS is nowhere close, and the winds are still pretty brisk; definitely 30's in the Suwannee Valley tonight, but around Hogtown, I'm just not sure; DP is surely right, just the winds may stir it up a bit too much ... but I'd love to see a frost tomorrow AM at daybreak while walking ... ;):cool:

EDIT:
But Larry, I'm not writing off the chance for a late April frosty morning, just yet ... :D

Based on the forecasts, KGNV & KSAV have a good chance of having their coldest lows since way back on 3/23!

Back