• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Chasing ???⛈⛈⛈

Talk about a storm...just picked up almost 3” of rain in 45 minutes and it’s still pouring. Incredible rain rates and wind gusts as well. Totally insane!
d0f374381a9a94437c6829e6194fb2cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just had the heaviest rain I can recall in 2019 to date. It lasted under an hour but it gave us the better part of 1”, much needed rain. There may be some more shortly.

Ended up with 3.55" of rain from that slow moving storm earlier, all which fell in about an hour. Had several wind gusts in the 40s with the highest at 46. It was insane! I got several videos but not sure how to upload them here?

We just had the heaviest rain I can recall in 2019 to date. It lasted under an hour but it gave us the better part of 1”, much needed rain. There may be some more shortly.
The walk should be nice ... clean air and the aroma of vegetation ... sans pollen ... enjoy ... :cool:

The walk should be nice ... clean air and the aroma of vegetation ... sans pollen ... enjoy ... :cool:

Thanks, Phil. Nice thought but there will be no outside walk today as we're getting a second heavy thunderstorm. We're easily over 1" now and maybe nearing 1.5" and still raining. This is the best rain here in a loooong time.

Thanks, Phil. Nice thought but there will be no outside walk today as we're getting a second heavy thunderstorm. We're easily over 1" now and maybe nearing 1.5" and still raining. This is the best rain here in a loooong time.
Then enjoy the beer with a thunder ... or the other way around ... o_O

Then enjoy the beer with a thunder ... or the other way around ... o_O

We likely ended up with 2”+ for the day as the 2nd clump of storms lasted quite awhile (2+ hours). What a blessed event!

Meanwhile, the Masters forecast is not so good with chances of showers Fri and Sat and high chances along with thunderstorm risks on Sun.

I know severe weather is dominating the coverage as should be but boy does recent modeling look real cold for late April way below average at least ..

I know severe weather is dominating the coverage as should be but boy does recent modeling look real cold for late April way below average at least ..
Yeah a period of below normal temps is looking likely. Wouldn't be surprised to see some frost/ freeze issues

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It looks like the high today will be 84*F, I think making this the warmest day of the year.

Yeah a period of below normal temps is looking likely. Wouldn't be surprised to see some frost/ freeze issues

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

e65.gif

I actually have a question, I keep hearing about the AAM dipping, I know a dip can cause way more severe weather as it supports stronger troughs in the west and a better chance at a stronger SER (-AAM pretty much slows zonal winds, which can actually help longwave troughs become much stronger/amplified), it can cuase a Nina pattern at times and is actually common with a Nina, I wonder what this will do with severe wx, it will probably cuase a bad outbreak if it repeats what it has done in the past, can’t wait to see satellite loops when convection will soon blow up in the western pacific

It looks very questionable for chances of completing the 4th round of the Masters on Sunday. Good chance for a finish on Monday just like 1983, 1973, and 1961.

SUNDAY
CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE MORNING, THEN
SHOWERS LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.
HIGHS IN THE LOWER 80S. CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT

Last edited:
Back