• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Anaphylactic August

Doesn't look as if they it expanded it any in their morning update... Wake Co. still the ever present dividing line
Should be a fun afternoon regardless. With the outflow moving south and the mid level flow SW to W we should see storms develop from N to S but cells generally move W to E which should lead to some nice rain totals. It also looks like somewhere either side of I40 may be a convergent axis for storms to fire ahead of the main show

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lots of low level shear right now, likely it won’t stay but if it would then there would be problems

Should be a fun afternoon regardless. With the outflow moving south and the mid level flow SW to W we should see storms develop from N to S but cells generally move W to E which should lead to some nice rain totals. It also looks like somewhere either side of I40 may be a convergent axis for storms to fire ahead of the main show

Yeah I'm actually thinking you guys might be in that sweet spot today..... good luck and may the fro be with you.

Yeah I'm actually thinking you guys might be in that sweet spot today..... good luck and may the fro be with you.
I'm actually thinking the 2 maximums are at the borders between 40/Va and 74/SC with the minimum in the middle. I wouldn't be at all surprised to get 0, the front is slowing just enough that we are really relying on the outflow as the main driver. If that doesn't kick things off around or shortly after dark the front timing will be terribly bad

I'm actually thinking the 2 maximums are at the borders between 40/Va and 74/SC with the minimum in the middle. I wouldn't be at all surprised to get 0, the front is slowing just enough that we are really relying on the outflow as the main driver. If that doesn't kick things off around or shortly after dark the front timing will be terribly bad

If you take the HRRR and NAM into account, and go down the middle of the two, looks like right along 64 will be the sweet spot. Could be rocking between 40 and 64 in NC.

CAPE is up to 3000 jkg already here. We were only supposed to be around 1000 at this time.
sbcp_sf.gif

Southern 2/3 of NC looks like a powder keg ready to blow today.

Back