• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Anaphylactic August

My 5% chance was too high, as I feared. It's just as easy to be right predicting no rain hear as it is to predict AN temps and BN snowfall for winter. We need a real mechanism with real forcing in order to get rain. Those have been few and far between. We may have a better shot over the next few days.
0% today and tomorrow. Maybe Friday

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RAH has a 30% chance of storms here for today and tomorrow. Really overcast this morning, so I don't see getting anything to spark the storms today. Of course the chance jumps to 70% for Friday and Saturday, and I'm going to another concert Friday night outside at Walnut Creek.

RAH has a 30% chance of storms here for today and tomorrow. Really overcast this morning, so I don't see getting anything to spark the storms today. Of course the chance jumps to 70% for Friday and Saturday, and I'm going to another concert Friday night outside at Walnut Creek.

I think HS Football starts on Friday as well in Wake County. I wonder if they try to move it to Thursday.

Locked and loaded. Several strong storms making their way west to east across NC.View attachment 21817
Yeah just enough upper support to get those going and propagating along the eastward moving outflow. 18z 3k takes this line all the way to the beach, hrrr takes them about 5 more miles.

Avoid Statesville NC heavy damage in some areas. No power for most including Walmart.

Hmmm.... what could go wrong

Seriously though it'll be interesting to see what happens here if anything, the sea breeze is moving inland and that outflow is stout. May just get a collision of the 2 near the sink air anomaly
9301e12f6ba8d082b2d3fa1f367586a4.jpg

Guess what? No watch, either. And today was supposed to be quiet.

A Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been issued for parts of Chatham, Orange, and Durham Counties until 7:15 PM. 60 mph wind gusts, heavy rain, and frequent lightning are possible.

And now it looks like the northern end of the line is falling apart before it gets to me. All the action is to the south. Too funny.

Is is just me or have the storms around here been very isolated in nature the past few years?

Looks like we might have a weak mcv to the southwest count me in

Had to clean the drawers after this one
43ba44f3dacc7c20415f694847f8375e.jpg

You know what's lolastic? I am in VA for tonight only. And we actually had a storm at my house. Unfreakinbelievable.

Back