• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

Anything outside of your safe box of labels is irrational to you. That's why you are brainwashed bro. Bought and paid for when you could be roaming free my man.....
That's really not true. If you are going to use the following "logic":

"Why did God wait until 6000 years ago to pop out and say hello" in order to try and prove anything about his existence or purpose, then you have to agree that a person waiting until 38 to have a child instead of having one at 16 offers no proof that they actually had the child. I think such an argument is silly, but it is the argument you made for some reason.

Yeah but there's some denominations that don't preach the whole book. The part of the book about the power given to you as a Christian to overcome things is not mentioned in some denominations. Some denominations just pat you on the head and welcome you to the social club but no inner change ever occurs. Some denominations just give you a list of do's and don'ts and threaten to kick you out if you don't participate. None of that equals what Christ did for us.
That last sentence I agree with

That's really not true. If you are going to use the following "logic":

"Why did God wait until 6000 years ago to pop out and say hello" in order to try and prove anything about his existence or purpose, then you have to agree that a person waiting until 38 to have a child instead of having one at 16 offers no proof that they actually had the child. I think such an argument is silly, but it is the argument you made for some reason.
Well does it make sense to you? Why dinosaurs and wipe them out, create caveman and wipe them out, create homo sapiens and wipe a bunch of them out now he promises to come back and wipe half of us out who didn't choose right. An ignorant comparison is comparing a human waiting to have kids to the creator of it all. You can't give me an intelligent answer because there isn't one. You can't explain how we went from being hunter gatherers to inventing math and pyramids in the snap of a finger. Go read the book of Enoch. There is a reason why his works were taken out of the Bible. If you read it with an open mind you will find out you are a science project

Well does it make sense to you? Why dinosaurs and wipe them out, create caveman and wipe them out, create homo sapiens and wipe a bunch of them out now he promises to come back and wipe half of us out who didn't choose right. An ignorant comparison is comparing a human waiting to have kids to the creator of it all. You can't give me an intelligent answer because there isn't one. You can't explain how we went from being hunter gatherers to inventing math and pyramids in the snap of a finger. Go read the book of Enoch. There is a reason why his works were taken out of the Bible. If you read it with an open mind you will find out you are a science project
You know what's a more ridiculous notion to me? It's to require an explanation for everything in order to believe something is the way it is. There are many things in life that we accept as real even though we don't fully understand them. But somehow, that paradigm magically doesn't apply when it comes to God and the Bible.

I will tell you why that is: It's because we don't want to submit our will to a higher authority or be accountable for anything. It's really that simple. One can couch it with all kinds of seemingly intellectual questioning like, "well why did this happen?" "Or why is it this way?" Or whatever. But all of that is nonsense at the end of the day. The heart of matter is the desire to do what we want when we want, submitting to no one and receiving absolution for whatever we choose to do.

This thread turned out worse than the political one.

You know what's a more ridiculous notion to me? It's to require an explanation for everything in order to believe something is the way it is. There are many things in life that we accept as real even though we don't fully understand them. But somehow, that paradigm magically doesn't apply when it comes to God and the Bible.

I will tell you why that is: It's because we don't want to submit our will to a higher authority or be accountable for anything. It's really that simple. One can couch it with all kinds of seemingly intellectual questioning like, "well why did this happen?" "Or why is it this way?" Or whatever. But all of that is nonsense at the end of the day. The heart of matter is the desire to do what we want when we want, submitting to no one and receiving absolution for whatever we choose to do.
Ok so what about people who will never have access to the bible or the torah or the quran or any other holy book? Im sure the isolated people of the world worship a god or gods in some way. They don't have a holy book to guide them they just live. Are these people not children of god as well? It's hard for people to understand why christians think they are special or chose. That is smitten with nothing but arrogance. You can believe whatever you desire but why are you right and everybody else wrong? There is absolutely no room for differing opinions when it comes to christians, their religion and their holy book. Non whatsoever. You have to win which means somebody has to lose and you are ok with that because a book tells you that's the way to think. If I have freewill I shouldn't have to submit to anybody or anything whether it created me or not. That is not love my friend it's nothing but fear

Why? Is it me that's the problem? If it is I will leave the thread no worries
Sandbar, I do not believe you are the problem. I do believe the way you are making some of your points is very ofputting to some of us, Christians. You have stated what you believe and how and why you came to believe it. Fine, and we will probably never change your view. The issue is you then basically call us fools, for believing a fairy tail, make jest of Jesus, call us brainwashed, and on and on. I have not seen anyone make disparaging remarks about your methods of achieving your current beliefs. I choose to believe Jesus is the true Mesiah whose Gospel message is Love God/Jesus and love others. Faith, Hope and Love... the greates of these is love. And it that light, I love you brother.

Sandbar is right, crazy religious people kill…. Just look at Gaza … a coalition of Christian’s and Zionist Jews got together and slaughtered 100k Gazans to hasten the coming of Jesus Christ … I mean Christian’s are willing to slaughter other Christian’s to bring back Christ lol! Sand bar you a g dawg! There has been no greater tyranny on earth than the tyranny of religious zealots of all kinds of faith… crazy crazy people

Sandbar is right, crazy religious people kill…. Just look at Gaza … a coalition of Christian’s and Zionist Jews got together and slaughtered 100k Gazans to hasten the coming of Jesus Christ … I mean Christian’s are willing to slaughter other Christian’s to bring back Christ lol! Sand bar you a g dawg! There has been no greater tyranny on earth than the tyranny of religious zealots of all kinds of faith… crazy crazy people
I can't believe you have the gall to type that but I'm not getting into that on here or this thread will be gone too

I can't believe you have the gall to type that but I'm not getting into that on here or this thread will be gone too
What? It falls under what you are arguing 110% … I mean now I’m wondering if you even believe what you do believe because it doesn’t sound like it… you said religion causes war and here you go an entire war inspired by religion and you are mad I brought it up?

What? It falls under what you are arguing 110% … I mean now I’m wondering if you even believe what you do believe because it doesn’t sound like it… you said religion causes war and here you go an entire war inspired by religion and you are mad I brought it up?
Don't be stupid man. It's Muslims and Jews killing each other just like old times. It never ends

Ok so what about people who will never have access to the bible or the torah or the quran or any other holy book? Im sure the isolated people of the world worship a god or gods in some way. They don't have a holy book to guide them they just live. Are these people not children of god as well? It's hard for people to understand why christians think they are special or chose. That is smitten with nothing but arrogance. You can believe whatever you desire but why are you right and everybody else wrong? There is absolutely no room for differing opinions when it comes to christians, their religion and their holy book. Non whatsoever. You have to win which means somebody has to lose and you are ok with that because a book tells you that's the way to think. If I have freewill I shouldn't have to submit to anybody or anything whether it created me or not. That is not love my friend it's nothing but fear

Your last few sentences is the part Christians always avoid answering or addressing, the elephant in the room if you will. You can be the best human on the planet but if you do not get "saved" the punishment it literally eternity in hell.....its preposterous.

Your last few sentences is the part Christians always avoid answering or addressing, the elephant in the room if you will. You can be the best human on the planet but if you do not get "saved" the punishment it literally eternity in hell.....its preposterous.

Huh? It’s extremely easy to address; what is good? Crazy how we laugh at those who give participation trophies out to the losers and adore the absolute champions, but then tell God “how dare you do that!”

Huh? It’s extremely easy to address; what is good? Crazy how we laugh at those who give participation trophies out to the losers and adore the absolute champions, but then tell God “how dare you do that!”

How dare god do what? Punish me for not believing in him? So you can be as horrible a person as you want to be but as long as you declare your belief in god and ask it for forgiveness and mean it before you die you go to heaven. If however you live a good life and do good things and never believe in god you go to hell.....god does not actually care if you live a good life or do good things....as long as in the end you seek redemption and forgiveness from it for that evil you did.

How dare god do what? Punish me for not believing in him? So you can be as horrible a person as you want to be but as long as you declare your belief in god and ask it for forgiveness and mean it before you die you go to heaven. If however you live a good life and do good things and never believe in god you go to hell.....god does not actually care if you live a good life or do good things....as long as in the end you seek redemption and forgiveness from it for that evil you did.

Good? Horrible? What is that? Is good the Muslim who lives under his strict law? Is evil the American who lives in complete excess? Is a good person someone who lives under the threat of “good” western laws? Or is horrible that same American who has everything he could ever dream, yet lies on his resume to get that promotion over some else or cuts off that car on the way to work almost killing someone over a minute or two? What is that “good” life?

God doesn’t send someone to hell, he allows us to go to the dump where we belong.

Back