• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 5/19/22 severe

A heat burst makes since. I was watching the storm come towards me at work and it went from a severe warned nasty looking cell to collapsed in a frame. Can anyone run a gif when it went through Pitt county?

Interesting enough, while RDU was breaking daily records with a high of 96 degrees, here in South Raleigh near Lake Wheeler the highest temperature I've seen here is 88. I have two thermometers a mercury and a digital one with a weather station and there is only a one degree difference between them so I'm pretty sure they are accurate or at least close. Those severe storms must have done something to the atmosphere in this area at least. I'm glad it wasn't 96 here, that would have made the damage cleanup even more miserable.

Interesting enough, while RDU was breaking daily records with a high of 96 degrees, here in South Raleigh near Lake Wheeler the highest temperature I've seen here is 88. I have two thermometers a mercury and a digital one with a weather station and there is only a one degree difference between them so I'm pretty sure they are accurate or at least close. Those severe storms must have done something to the atmosphere in this area at least. I'm glad it wasn't 96 here, that would have made the damage cleanup even more miserable.
I'm about 7ish miles south of you and my Tempest got up to 92.3 for the high today. I only got about .14" of rain last night. The winds toward your area were worse than here.

Back