• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/18/20 - 5/23/20 Upper Low Flooding & Severe Threat

Looks like a hurricane over Kansas right now spinning on radar. Sometimes a Tropical Depression will form over land like that.

And look at the stratiform rain evaporate as it hits the sink zone. Perfect.

Well, so far today the storms have just missed me (one MIGHT brush me), but when I went for a walk in the evening, it definitely felt like summer. 2nd day this week in which it did.

I really wish I took my phone with me when I walked though. I saw what I thought were interesting thundercloud formations.

Where the heck did this come from in Chapin SC (Lake Murray 15 miles from Columbia)

I kid you not we are getting ROCKED right now, woke me up and I went to the window to record how much crazy lightning we are getting and a strike happened right outside my window.

Might have poo’d my pants can’t lie, will investigate what it hit in my neighborhood in the morning

Could see a few microbursts/strong outflow winds today given the large amounts of SBcape (2500-3000), large Dcape (750-1000) and still some left over 0-3km shear, overall this is the first “summer storms” type of day this year that will likely not be organized, so get ready to be missed and enjoy the outflow winds when you do get missed ! Haha 1CECBBAB-D93D-4C08-BD62-2A472B002606.png0A4E38EF-C18B-4140-B0A7-626068ADC180.png79B60F06-A0A1-40BD-A00E-1E7A9009EBBC.png

Well if I had to bet where the thunderstorm is going go fire up today it will be within 20 miles or less of Charlotte NC like always

Huge hail reports yesterday.
BASEBALL SIZE HAIL 2.75" around Estill, SC .. yes near the location where last month's EF4 struck.
Allendale County, SC 1.75" Golf Ball Size

4" diameter hail in Tillman County, OK

But the winner is Burkburnett, TX.
Officially listed as 5.33"! Investigation will be coming.
FB_IMG_1590242138691.jpg
FB_IMG_1590242143251.jpg

Huge hail reports yesterday.
BASEBALL SIZE HAIL 2.75" around Estill, SC .. yes near the location where last month's EF4 struck.
Allendale County, SC 1.75" Golf Ball Size

4" diameter hail in Tillman County, OK

But the winner is Burkburnett, TX.
Officially listed as 5.33"! Investigation will be coming.
View attachment 41935
View attachment 41936
That is insane. Imagine the speed of the updraft that would sustain that block of ice!

Back