• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/18/20 - 5/23/20 Upper Low Flooding & Severe Threat

Tempted to ride my bike down to the beach and look for waterspouts. This is prime time. Perfect conditions FE96D521-AE15-4EB6-A858-758BE878631F.jpeg

NWS Employee Steven Tyler was on the backside of the circulation and has reported trees down on Maybank highway in John Island per WCBD-TV 2 (Rob Fowler)

View attachment 41779
I’m at Kiawah for the week. It’s amazing how the immediate coast is spared from these types of storms. Really interested in these waterspouts though

I’m at Kiawah for the week. It’s amazing how the immediate coast is spared from these types of storms. Really interested in these waterspouts though

Storm trajectory and marine influence usually plays a part in that. I was completely caught off guard this was occurring until m stepbrother said something.

This obviously had the shear, quite evident in the westerly low level cloud movement but that warm front really triggered cyclonegenesis of this cell. Unusual for here

Still gusty. If the rain ever makes it north of Charlotte I can see some power outages tonight for places like Iredell, Yadkin, Surry and Forsyth. NWS said the cold air is destroying convection but haven’t mentioned if the wind is also playing a role in reducing rain coverage.

Can we drizzle our way to 2" of rain the next 24-36 hours....I assume we are hoping that band in SC works its way in here.

View attachment 41782
Looks like it's set in now. Fetch of moisture off of the Atlantic developing into a band of rain, pointed this way. Solid rain rates now under a big layer of nimbostratus.

Back