• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 4/4-4/6 Severe Threat

Nice day for storms like this one in SW GA, low level shear is weak but storm relative winds are favorable for structured supercells, wouldn’t shock me if there’s a couple tornadoes from OFB interactions with mid level mesocyclones, main threat is hail and Damaging winds from dry air entrainment and RFDs in supercell structures 6F5CE151-8EFD-4BE2-BBCD-0D221A13F134.png

I don’t see whatever tornados being terribly strong. A few brief Ef 0 to Ef 1 looks possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sun breaking out in Paulding county GA. This part of NW GA used to be called Tornado Alley for storms coming out of Alabama. Been awhile since we’ve had a spinner close to me, got direct damage from one 10 yrs ago

My thoughts on your best tornado chances are in the top most Buble today. Lower buble is your bowing segment multicluster updrafts, could be a spin up sure?. But it'll only happen when instability is diminishing as the sun goes down and the nocturnal increase in windshear begins.

Your best mix for low-moderate shear and high instability is north of Atlanta. View attachment 116894
I am in the top bubble and have to say the sun is out bright, it’s sticky, and it has that classic feel. I feel this would be a pretty significant event today if only we had the wind shear in place.

Stout storm with large hail headed toward north port, and maybe Tuscaloosa if it turns right a little
1649271576311.png

I know we are at about 77 at my house in Dallas GA near Polk County that's rebounded pretty well we could reach 80 degrees before sun down here it seems

Back