• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 4/4-4/6 Severe Threat

No severe here today, just a lot of heavy rain and thunder.

But I can see that I dodged a bullet.

Was actually able to slip outside for a walk because there was a period where it was just raining.

I know we have all been preoccupied by today's outbreak, but has anyone seen model runs for tomorrow's setup? Beyond the possibility of storms in central GA blocking moisture for further north, I have not heard much.

I know we have all been preoccupied by today's outbreak, but has anyone seen model runs for tomorrow's setup? Beyond the possibility of storms in central GA blocking moisture for further north, I have not heard much.
Tbh I don't think the storms in south Georgia will effect central and north Georgias storm chances a good bit of your winds are coming from the southwest not southeast. Maybe to your immediate north destabilizion will be mest up.

Also to note tornado chances are going to be way lower tomorrow than today's event. Tommorow will probably just be damaging winds and hail, very little in the way of SRH helicity. May be a spin up but that's about it

Wondering if this is going to end up being your generational tornado outbreak for the GA/SC area, usually tornado events arent this bad around there. Of course 2021 and 2019 come to mind but for a region wide area, pretty rare occurrence for that area.

Back