• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/11/20 - 4/13/20 Severe Weather Outbreak

It's rare that I have both GRLEVEL2 and 3 both open set on Base Velocity.

I don't trust any of these cells with the current environment. The cells coming from Washington, Lincolnton GA, Union/Lochart SC. Edgefield area..

Ugh.

Ty. Ya radar doesn’t really show much (in the way of a potential tornado) but definitely some wind pockets in there, would you agree?

Yeah that basically looks like all straight line winds, if there was a tornado, probably would have seen a corresponding drop in correlation coefficient as debris was lofted into the air

Line back in Greenville seems to be dying down on radar but the line East of Spartanburg is beefing up. Everyone in the path of these storms please be careful.

Well, I somehow woke up and actually saw two tornado warnings close by. I think both would miss honestly...but it's too late, this one feels like it's gonna be loud anyway so I'm gonna need to hang on for a bit to be sure.
WRDW got hit by lightning and is off the air, but Riley Hale is live on fb.

Lincolnton - McCormick cell about to take off too.

No storms here yet but the wind is howling and I'm hearing branches fall as I sit on the back porch. eerie morning out here with distant lightning and thunder.

Well if what we are seeing right now is what this airmass can do at 4am I am a tad bit concerned for central and eastern NC from 9am to 2 pm....

Please pray for those in the mountains we have had PDS Flash Flood Emergencies for Boone and other areas. I won’t be chasing anything due to severe flooding. Multiple people are being rescued.

THIS IS A FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY FOR Boone, Blowing Rock, and adjacent areas of eastern Watauga County. This is a PARTICULARLY
DANGEROUS SITUATION. SEEK HIGHER GROUND NOW!

HAZARD…Life threatening flash flooding. Heavy rain producing flash flooding.

SOURCE…Law enforcement.

IMPACT…This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. SEEK HIGHER
GROUND NOW! Life threatening flash flooding of low water crossings, small creeks and streams, urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses.

So far so good through here where that 9 is. the stronger cells are just to the West though, and some evidence of development out in front.

I dunno all those little cells look suspect....as they move east it just gets more conducive for tornados....also I would bank on those producing cells near Augusta being real trouble in you neck of the woods in a hr or so.....

I dunno all those little cells look suspect....as they move east it just gets more conducive for tornados....also I would bank on those producing cells near Augusta being real trouble in you neck of the woods in a hr or so.....

And they're starting to flare up out in front of the most potent part of the line. I'm watching like a hawk.

Welp it's now a tornado warning. Tornado siren for the community was going off and I was trying to figure out why, and now I know.

I'm still not sure if the worst of this storm is gonna come over.

To be honest I was expecting more organization to the line this morning with wind and some tornado threat but overall threat was flooding. Glad to see the threat quickly shifting East with little discrete activity at the moment. Wish it was near Raleigh not sure how this will unfold for those near Eastern NC with a little extra time.

Back