• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/11/20 - 4/13/20 Severe Weather Outbreak

Does anyone have a feel for whether or not the band of storms near the AL/GA border could potentially produce anything severe later in the ATL area? Right now it has no severe warmed storms and I was hoping that what is going through now will be it.

If it’s any consolation Fox5 news just said “rest assured, it will not be severe”

That Thomason tornado south of Atlanta is provably going to be an EF3 possibly 4. That couplet was wicked. Also the college park tornado inside the perimeter may not have been that strong but was through a highly populated area.

I think the lack of daytime heating and storms coming in at night really help metro Atlanta. Although, we say tornadoes in the area, I thought it was going to be real bad. I am thankful it wasn't. Now, I can get excited about my birthday on Thursday!!!! Good Night all! Until next time!

Back