• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/11/20 - 4/13/20 Severe Weather Outbreak

No power. Entrapments here in Cleveland.
Glad you and your family are safe. Prayers and thoughts with all those affected. TN is having a bad year with tornadoes. My brother is finally getting his house built after the Nashville tornadoes.

Just ugly

https://newschannel9.com/news/local/severe-weather-causes-major-local-damage-late-sunday-night

2:11 AM:

Email from the Chattanooga Fire Department:

"The Chattanooga Fire Department is responding to hundreds of calls stemming from severe weather, including damaged structures and houses and reports of people trapped in their homes. We have shifted resources to the East Brainerd area & called in extra, off-duty personnel. Our crews are working to get to these scenes, dealing with downed trees & power lines.

We have firefighters on foot and using ATVs going door to door in different subdivisions, including neighborhoods on Igou Gap Road, Gray Road, and Jenkins Road- just to name a few locations. Several people have been transported with injuries. We are working to get to more than 300 addresses and we are seeing heavy damage.

Our Urban Search and Rescue teams and Special Operations Division are assisting the fire companies on the ground. A unified command post has been set up at the Lowe’s on Gunbarrel Road to coordinate response efforts.

Areas hit have multiple collapses, injuries, trees down, gas leaks, and power lines down. Crews are working as quickly and as efficiently as possible to help those in need while mitigating hazards. This will be a prolonged operation.

That Upson-Talbot Co storm is intense. I hope everyone down there is ok. I'm about to get the line coming into my area, it just went severe warned. Ya'll all stay safe for the rest of the tonight!

Back