• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/11/20 - 4/13/20 Severe Weather Outbreak

Quite a few I'm betting. I wasn't aware the initial development killed 5 in Hampton until now??

160 miles continual supercell path over land... Generated another large tornado over the Atlantic. Unbelievable embedded QLCS supercell
View attachment 39462

Yeah I'm always watching the tornado confirmations because of the hurricane stuff me and downeast have been doing the last 10 years. I'm thinking NC is probably closing in on 15 or so.

Yeah I'm always watching the tornado confirmations because of the hurricane stuff me and downeast have been doing the last 10 years. I'm thinking NC is probably closing in on 15 or so.

2 were found dead in Neeses, SC from the tornadoes in Orangeburg county that had 2 tornadoes on the ground dancing around a common barycenter. News is getting worse every hour

NWS hasn’t finished survey here in GA yet. It will be a hell of a report. I’m going to guess 5-10 confirmed with the strongest being EF3.

In my opinion the Seneca Sc Tornado had to of been a ef3 to shred apart a big plant like borgwarner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I do not recall seeing the number of "Long Lived QLCS Supercells " as yesterday/overnight. I m thinking that just about the only "pure discrete" ones were the South Mississippi and maybe one in LA. The parent one in NW Georgia originated near Shreveport.. or maybe even further west.
Any thoughts on why discretes did not form/maintain.. I am not trained but thinking the speed of the QLCS kept them form getting established

2 were found dead in Neeses, SC from the tornadoes in Orangeburg county that had 2 tornadoes on the ground dancing around a common barycenter. News is getting worse every hour

Yeah I was watching that lastnight and was amazed at that motion. Sad that these happened at night as they are usually more deadly. Lets.hope the bad news ends and we dont hear of anymore fatalities.

Well I do not recall seeing the number of "Long Lived QLCS Supercells " as yesterday/overnight. I m thinking that just about the only "pure discrete" ones were the South Mississippi and maybe one in LA. The parent one in NW Georgia originated near Shreveport.. or maybe even further west.
Any thoughts on why discretes did not form/maintain.. I am not trained but thinking the speed of the QLCS kept them form getting established

The discrete convection was hampered by meager low level lapse rates due to the warm air aloft and the insane shear, the 500mb flow being more out of the SW to SSW also contributed.

With the low level lapse rate being low, the discrete updrafts were ripped apart. The two big supercells formed well to the south along the secondary warm front.

no power and something crazy was going on right behind the storms. Low clouds racing SE to NW winds ripping trees down neighbors privacy fence blown down and just screaming winds.
Sounds a lot like what happened here in Jonesville this morning. Storms not bad at all, but winds behind them were crazy. Plenty of 40-50 mph gusts and at least 1 close to 60. Maybe both of us got hit by a gravity wave.

Went on an afternoon drive today just to get some time out and to see if I could find damage nearby, if there was any.

I think I saw some straight line wind damage, I don't think it was weak tornado damage because it didn't seem like the branches were twisted. Saw some trees bent, branches that had snapped, and old trees that had fallen. Saw debris on the side of the road south of where I reside.

The thing that was most eye opening though was driving near my old elementary school. Although I'm not 100% (just checked and as of August 2019, the branches were still there), I'm pretty sure they don't willingly cut the branches on the pine trees there. When I drove by, it looked like all of the branches closest to the road on the side of the school had been downed and there looked to be debris lying around as well.

Also had a truck pass me by on the same road that was filled to the brim with tree debris.

Then when I walked, I also observed some tree stuff and saw some things that were just bizarre to me. Maybe I was just very tired today (as I got 4 hours of sleep, maybe), but in some stretches of area, it almost "did" look to me that some smaller branches had been twisted, although maybe just a hair. Then near my house and above it, it also looked like some branches had been twisted a little bit. There was one big branch that at least seemed to me was much closer to touching the roof that it usually is and may be a problem with another wind event.

Funnels maybe? Its not something I'm going to report or even want, as it probably isn't much of anything and I was pretty tired, but still somewhat interesting.

There's no question that we probably lucked up no matter how you slice it, as I believe this was the storm that caused the major tornado(s?) that happened in Williston and New Ellenton.

Went on an afternoon drive today just to get some time out and to see if I could find damage nearby, if there was any.

I think I saw some straight line wind damage, I don't think it was weak tornado damage because it didn't seem like the branches were twisted. Saw some trees bent, branches that had snapped, and old trees that had fallen. Saw debris on the side of the road south of where I reside.

The thing that was most eye opening though was driving near my old elementary school. Although I'm not 100% (just checked and as of August 2019, the branches were still there), I'm pretty sure they don't willingly cut the branches on the pine trees there. When I drove by, it looked like all of the branches closest to the road on the side of the school had been downed and there looked to be debris lying around as well.

Also had a truck pass me by on the same road that was filled to the brim with tree debris.

Then when I walked, I also observed some tree stuff and saw some things that were just bizarre to me. Maybe I was just very tired today (as I got 4 hours of sleep, maybe), but in some stretches of area, it almost "did" look to me that some smaller branches had been twisted, although maybe just a hair. Then near my house and above it, it also looked like some branches had been twisted a little bit. There was one big branch that at least seemed to me was much closer to touching the roof that it usually is and may be a problem with another wind event.

Funnels maybe? Its not something I'm going to report or even want, as it probably isn't much of anything and I was pretty tired, but still somewhat interesting.

There's no question that we probably lucked up no matter how you slice it, as I believe this was the storm that caused the major tornado(s?) that happened in Williston and New Ellenton.
It was the same supercell cluster. I was up at 4am and immediately was tracking those on radar.

Cleveland, TN ended up with 26 structures totally destroyed and 47 with major damage. My power came back early this morning and thankfully nothing happened in my neighborhood, but it was wayyyyy too close. The first two are before and after of the same house. I'm just heartbroken over Hamilton county too :( **I don't think they have surveyed Bradley yet, anxious to hear though.

Attachments

• 412.2.jpg
    412.2.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 412.1.jpg
    412.1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 412.8.jpg
    412.8.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 412.7.jpg
    412.7.jpg