• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/11/20 - 4/13/20 Severe Weather Outbreak

Just saw damage from Monck's Corner in Berkeley County of a house major damage on the news here. Supercell also produced damage in Horry County in Myrtle Beach... Same cell that started in Estill SC traversed the lower part of SC finally exited off the coast.

Getting my strongest winds now as the skies lift and clear. Gusting low 40s I guess. Was a big nothingburger for mby but a lot of places got hammered

7.38” rain in Watauga triggered the PDS Flash Flood Emergency.

Everything falling apart as it moves towards Elizabeth City. Doesn’t look like it’s going to be a big deal. From radar returns I’m guessing we won’t have thunderstorms as this line moves through.

1.5 million outages in the US. NC is #1 and increasing as coastal communities are under the gun.

no power and something crazy was going on right behind the storms. Low clouds racing SE to NW winds ripping trees down neighbors privacy fence blown down and just screaming winds.

Make sure yall report any damage (like downed trees, structural damage to houses, etc) to your local NWS office, we really need those local storm reports to make our future forecasts better!
Doesn’t make forecasts better if short range models continue to be off up to 4 hours just prior to the event.

Make sure yall report any damage (like downed trees, structural damage to houses, etc) to your local NWS office, we really need those local storm reports to make our future forecasts better!

Can you explain wtf just happened to my local area. Either side of me there's not a lot of wind reports going on But MBY has been getting beat down for the last hour. Im a few miles SSW of PGV they are sustained 40 gusting to 55. The LLJ or some kind of reverse outflow(please don't laugh at me) was screaming from the SE moving NW and the wind was just ripping.

Can you explain wtf just happened to my local area. Either side of me there's not a lot of wind reports going on But MBY has been getting beat down for the last hour. Im a few miles SSW of PGV they are sustained 40 gusting to 55. The LLJ or some kind of reverse outflow(please don't laugh at me) was screaming from the SE moving NW and the wind was just ripping.

Evaporatively cooled air in the wake of the storms to your east & south with strong southerly flow out ahead of an approaching front, coinciding with saturated soils from the immediately preceding heavy rainfall probably has a lot to do w/ it

Back