• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/11/20 - 4/13/20 Severe Weather Outbreak

Well, spoke too soon. Rain and wind picked up again here. No thunder and lightning. I have only heard one rumble of thunder so far.

Plenty of CAPE, shear off the charts, ample forcing, and the strongest LLJ in history. Result: light clouds, spotty showers, and breezy conditions.

Well, today would be a perfect example of how we usually get more severe weather here when we don't have any kind of watch since we had that outbreak in April 2011.

Rain and wind has died down again. Looks like that might be the last punch.

We are at a steady 25 mph here in Elizabeth City. I’m watching the 70’ pine tree in the backyard bending like crazy. Never seen that and I’ve been through three tropical systems here. Now waiting on that line of storms near Knightdale to come through.

Edit: Winds are directly out of the south.

Things picked up here in Garner, lights flickering, hoping that was the worst of it as the line reforms and moves east.

Back