• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/30-4/2 Severe Weather

If your looking for tornadoes your best bet is going to be that southern half of Alabama imo, that area will really bloom as the system comes a little disconnected and losses it's line and becomes more segmented. Not to mention the pretty ripe environment.

Any significant tornado development is really going to drop off as you move into the upper half of Alabama. I'm about to catch some shut eye and wake up in a hour or two to check and make sure nothing stupid is happening in my area.

@SD @Myfrotho704_ thoughts? I see slight risk has been expanded back south into mostly central/northern NC for tomorrow and some of the hi res models do hint at some better dynamics for a tornado or two across N/NE part of state.

This from Rah:
The primary threat will be from
damaging wind gusts with a mostly linear mode with some embedded
cells organizing into supercells capable of producing a brief or
isolated tornado. The 12Z HREF shows a few longer UH tracks, mainly
across the northeast Piedmont.
So far the 0z hrrr is really meh for us.

So what’s with this shield of rain out ahead of the line??? Wind blown stuff picked up by radar? Actual rain? Wouldn’t an actual shield of rain cool and stabilize the air out ahead of the line??

Back