• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/24-3/26 possible severe wx

Ok I take the shame in that one, not feeling well so I got a shower and fell asleep so I got surprised. Surprised yet still had a 25 minute lead time so we rode up the road ten miles so we could watch radar. No damage here but wow at that lightning running up the updraft after it passed.

Edit: My boss man called to tell us about the storm. After he passed he told me there is major damage on Lake Mitchell east of Clanton.

That’s one of the most impressive supercells I’ve seen, that’s how you know it’s a powerhouse when it’s anvil is spreading out lightning far away from the main updraft And has a intense arch like that

That’s one of the most impressive supercells I’ve seen, that’s how you know it’s a powerhouse when it’s anvil is spreading out lightning far away from the main updraft And has a intense arch like that

I just heard thunder and im still like 40-50miles away from it. No other storms near me.

Back