• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/24-3/26 possible severe wx

I'm under the N GA storm and its pretty much just heavy rain. Had some thunder at first but only for about 5 minutes.
It’s the north of you coming into Cherokee that’s bad. I have non stop lightning here and the severe cell is not even here yet. But the lightning is coming off of that cell in southern bartow

It’s the north of you coming into Cherokee that’s bad. I have non stop lightning here and the severe cell is not even here yet. But the lightning is coming off of that cell in southern bartow
That storm in ackworth might get a warning

And it’s has a green tint to the lightning in the distance from where that cell is. Freaky!!!!

I think my big takeaway today was we are still just now approaching the tail end of March and have had 2 solid systems which brought significant severe weather to South...we still got rest of March/April/part of May before it usually planes out on spring dynamics

I think my big takeaway today was we are still just now approaching the tail end of March and have had 2 solid systems which brought significant severe weather to South...we still got rest of March/April/part of May before it usually planes out on spring dynamics
i think normally severe weather season is over by May 15th, but there have been exceptions.

It was one of the worst, non summer, electrical storms I could remember. Instantaneous strikes on all sides of us for about five minutes.

Where is the model expected squall line.. looks clear after that cell between Birmingham and Montgomery.

This cell looks interesting south of Birmingham

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-215316_RadarScope.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-215316_RadarScope.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
Honestly, the models kinda messed up on this one. Lots of stuff happened unexpectedly.

Like I said, it wasn't hyped half as much as last week's system and looks like it has been worse. Almost to the point where we should just go with the opposite of whatever the models show. And it's going to make the public not trust the forecasts at all

Any chance of stuff firing along the cold front still? Or is this winding down for AL for good

This went almost exactly how the models said it would go??? I think the models did a great job other than being 50-75 miles too north. I’m mostly talking about the CAMS. This event also had basically the same level of hype with a HIGH RISK issued last night. The forecast was calling for a big day, it’s not their fault the public didn’t hype it up as much as last week.

Back