• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/21-3/24 Severe Weather

That part is gonna pack a wallop.
No kidding. Qlcs tornado spin up aside I'd be very concerned about straight line wind damage if I were in the path of that this afternoon especially as it starts getting a little forward momentum. Have some 70mph pixels at 3k ft, not going to take a lot of force those downward

No kidding. Qlcs tornado spin up aside I'd be very concerned about straight line wind damage if I were in the path of that this afternoon especially as it starts getting a little forward momentum. Have some 70mph pixels at 3k ft, not going to take a lot of force those downward
Spectacular shelf cloud as well ?

Cell northwest of soso is picking up on lighting and now picking up on rotation.

Yeah I’m just north of bham and I’m very concerned about the possibility of damaging straight line winds.

Really wondering if this the main story of this event will be the QLCS with damaging straight line winds and embedded tornadoes rather than discrete cells being the big story.
To be honest, it always was. The discrete threat was pretty much confined to south/central MS where that area “can get away with” SW to SSW winds aloft and have a big supercell or two.

These supercells aren't doing much which is good, lack of mid-level lapse rates?

TDS with the tornado above. Continuing to rapidly strengthen

*May be contamination hard to tell right this second

Back