• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/21-3/24 Severe Weather

Latest day 2 from SPC
day2otlk_20220322_1730_prt.gif
...Southeast into the Carolinas...
Showers and thunderstorms will likely be ongoing from eastern TN
southward to the western FL Panhandle. Widespread clouds and poor
lapse rates may limit downstream destabilization across GA and the
Carolinas ahead of this line, but abundant low-level moisture will
support at least modest buoyancy. A linear convective mode is
expected to dominant these storms, and vertical shear will be strong
and supportive of more intense updrafts capable of damaging wind
gusts and potentially few instances of embedded QLCS tornadoes.
Limited destabilization is currently tempering overall severe
probabilities. However, if confidence in greater boundary-layer
heating and destabilization increases, greater severe probabilities
may be warranted across GA and SC.

Next few hours your supercells in south Mississippi should start to mature as they move north and gain some pretty good rotation to them

Your really getting primed. Real time analysis shows upwards of 6-7 3km EHI in south central Mississippi moving northward. Going to be hard to keep up with multiple significant tornadoes if they develop.

If you live in east Mississippi you may wanna keep a eye on the weather... Either way I got a few more hours of work so I'll update some as I go but can't keep a eye on it completely

Haven't been keeping up with this system much at all. How is the Huntsville area looking? Wind is pumping and the sun has been out.

Haven't been keeping up with this system much at all. How is the Huntsville area looking? Wind is pumping and the sun has been out.
Higher potential to the south and west of us but a threat is still there. More sun and further north the higher dewpoints can surge will provide more fuel for later today. It should be late afternoon into evening before it gets here. I think it will come through here as a QLCS with embedded tornadoes. Best chance for any discrete and stronger tornadoes are further south and west along the MS/AL state line.

Back