• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 2024 Severe Discussion

Wow, already canceled the tornado watch here. That has to be a record for the quickest a watch has been canceled. Once again no storm for me when under a watch but had some last night and this morning. I am going to start keeping a file of everytime I am under a severe thunderstorm or tornado watch and if I actually get a storm or not. See if I am really right when I say 9 out of 10 times I don't get a storm when under a watch.

Last edited:
Wow, already canceled the tornado watch here. That has to be a record for the quickest a watch has been canceled. Once again no storm for me when under a watch but had some last night and this morning. I am going to start keeping a file of everytime I am under a severe thunderstorm or tornado watch and if I actually get a storm or not. See if I am really right when I say 9 out of 10 times I don't get a storm when under a watch.
hopefully you catch the next one and it blows your house over

Expect the Unexpected?? WUT? nadda on Radar, unless a piece of energy comes down..

You want severe? Get the full experience
You know ppl lose everything in a blink of an eye right?
Where did I say anything about wanting severe? I said the majority of time I am under a watch I do not get any storms at all. I never said anything about wanting severe weather. Reading is fundamental.

Had pretty bad flooding today around here! A storm came through this morning and dropped about an inch, this afternoon’s severe storms dropped over 4” in spots! Cars stranded in flood waters and stuff! Pretty unusual. Got a chance at more severe tomorrow, then calm for 5-6 days

Where did I say anything about wanting severe? I said the majority of time I am under a watch I do not get any storms at all. I never said anything about wanting severe weather. Reading is fundamental.
I’m not sure how anyone reading your posts could argue that your statements mean you want severe.

As I read it my understanding concludes that you have an issue with how often severe is called for by meteorologists that never come to fruition, thus leaving the reader thinking that maybe severe weather predictions might not be that accurate. That’s what I get out of it anyway.

I’m not sure how anyone reading your posts could argue that your statements mean you want severe.

As I read it my understanding concludes that you have an issue with how often severe is called for by meteorologists that never come to fruition, thus leaving the reader thinking that maybe severe weather predictions might not be that accurate. That’s what I get out of it anyway.
maybe I'm just tired of reading the complaints every time I visit. With how many post I read from OP? I really cant remember the last one I seen with anything logical.

Lots of flooding yesterday in town! This is normally a trickle! 0689DD0F-77E9-496A-AEE6-B7EDE705F172.jpeg

Back