• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 2024 Severe Discussion

Greenfield rated EF-3

sunday afternoon frame, about memphis tn to around southern illinois vinicinty,about as vilotile of a atmosphere you can get be honest. then you throw in spring time dynamics with it.... better hope mid level cap can hold firm,

sunday afternoon frame, about memphis tn to around southern illinois vinicinty,about as vilotile of a atmosphere you can get be honest. then you throw in spring time dynamics with it.... better hope mid level cap can hold firm,
Hopefully it stays north of my location. Wanting to head to the lake that day.

if latest guidance is correct, i can see northern miss getting a least enhanced risk before this weeks out models r just about Sicking ... atmosphere is loaded

Thankfully this one seems to be over open terrain west of San Angelo Texas. It may bear watching as it gets closer to there

Attachments

• KSJT - Super-Res Storm Relative Velocity 1, 4_37 PM.png
    KSJT - Super-Res Storm Relative Velocity 1, 4_37 PM.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 4
I get why it is the way it is but if a EF5 does not hit a structure that is strong enough to warrant a EF5 rating then it can never be a EF5 even though it is is kind of dumb if you have other solid data that shows that it is most likely EF5.
It would be like seeing a strong hurricane and only classifying it a cat 1 because recon can't reach it.

I get why it is the way it is but if a EF5 does not hit a structure that is strong enough to warrant a EF5 rating then it can never be a EF5 even though it is is kind of dumb if you have other solid data that shows that it is most likely EF5.
Agree 100%. It’s definitely a problem with the system and I’m not sure what the fix is to keep it all fair.

I saw this as well which I thought was interesting

Agree 100%. It’s definitely a problem with the system and I’m not sure what the fix is to keep it all fair.

I saw this as well which I thought was interesting

If you go back and read yesterday's post I referenced the Andover tornado as a comparison. It was a carbon copy

Somebody mentioned this earlier in here I believe!532D43DC-2DE1-4FD6-A73E-B0B864AF2933.png

Back