• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations 2023 Obs Thread

Was visiting friends in Stuart, VA today. Hail and lightning was quite impressive. Deafening actually. Wish I’d taken more photos. ?
20 minutes later, it literally looked like snow.

1680834109076.jpeg

Temp drop all night was gradual then the front hit and we fell.off a cliff. Lost 11 degrees in 30 minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230407_113146_Govee Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_113146_Govee Home.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 5
What a pure winter like day. I’ll miss this cold weather but it’s gotta go eventually. Back yard measurements have me at 3.5 inches so far with a little more to go. Just a really impressive rainfall event where the higher rain totals really ended up verifying. It’s been a really long time since I’ve seen a full radar screen full of non stop rain. Going to be hard for drought to stick around after an event like this.

What a pure winter like day. I’ll miss this cold weather but it’s gotta go eventually. Back yard measurements have me at 3.5 inches so far with a little more to go. Just a really impressive rainfall event where the higher rain totals really ended up verifying. It’s been a really long time since I’ve seen a full radar screen full of non stop rain. Going to be hard for drought to stick around after an event like this.
Ended up with about 4.7", but the little man is working, so we'll see what he does. But that seems in the ballpark of correct.

4.5 or so in the bucket here on Da coast..

64F

Pressure 30.27 in
Visibility 10 miles
Clouds Partly Cloudy
Dew Point 43 F
Humidity 49 %

winds blowing a steady GALE 30 mph ++

Back