• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations 2023 Obs Thread

I had to cancel my western trips this year due to a family illness, but I made a last minute trip to Snowshoe. The conditions were every bit as good as Colorado on Tuesday. If anyone hasn't been able to ski this year because the conditions in the east, they are in pretty good shape right now.

The high was 14F that day.

1678973149497.jpeg

noaa has shown a low of 30 the past 3 nights . I'm in a valley ... with a meandering creek through the neighborhood. I've noticed that about .10 miles from my home the car temp seems to drop 2 degrees 90% of the time. But Wednesday morning was the heavier frost of the week.

Long range, but Almanac going with major heat for this summer.
1679204270475.png

If it weren't for how stunningly awful it did for the winter I'd be pretty dismayed but I'm hoping it will be wrong on this too; of course it will probably be correct since its heat instead of cold. Fro and Nosnow will enjoy it no doubt.

Long range, but Almanac going with major heat for this summer.
View attachment 134411

If it weren't for how stunningly awful it did for the winter I'd be pretty dismayed but I'm hoping it will be wrong on this too; of course it will probably be correct since its heat instead of cold. Fro and Nosnow will enjoy it no doubt.
Oppressive is normal. The Thunder would provide cooling brakes. So this is a good look for the southeast.

Should have a widespread hard freeze tonight. Getting far enough into the year that any hard freeze could be the last until November.

NWS from this morning (but still relevant):
1679266916845.png

Should have a widespread hard freeze tonight. Getting far enough into the year that any hard freeze could be the last until November.

NWS from this morning (but still relevant):
View attachment 134425
It's going to be interesting to see what effect of any the clouds racing N will have tonight. Big bust potential imo

It's going to be interesting to see what effect of any the clouds racing N will have tonight. Big bust potential imo
33.6 already, I'd love for those clouds to sneak on it. Clouds from the once snow storm that actually was kinda close to being a system

Reactions: SD
Back