• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Some of y'all weenies need to go take a cold a$$ shower with this system. This is nothing more than a trashcan / mulch bed topper for 90% of those of us 'still in the game'.

We are missing some key data in the ecmwf open set still.. but it's a step in the right direction.

Some of y'all weenies need to go take a cold a$$ shower with this system. This is nothing more than a trashcan / mulch bed topper for 90% of those of us 'still in the game'.

enjoy it though; Winter is basically over into Feb.

You are not and it has in good part to do with the PNA ... to play an old scratched 33 rpm vinyl again ...

Phil,
I agree with your emphasis on the +PNA, a very important favorable index. However, there still will be a +PNA this weekend per GEFS. And this is a likely hit to some of the Carolinas.

Guys I'm pretty bummed about the prospect of Feb coming in warm. A couple of weeks ago we were looking at a great looking pattern and I hate to see that coming to an end so quickly. It has been nice to have some systems to track but honestly I was hoping to see more than one of them result in some snow. I mean, even last year I saw snow fall on five different occasions, so far this year only one. Granted, it was a good one but was hoping this pettern could have produced a little more. And I still have not seen teens this year; lowest has been 22. Hopefully we can get a couple more chances later in the month.

The silence from my local Met (Chris Justus) tells me either this storm is a big nothing Burger for us, or he has no clue what’s gonna happen. I’m hoping it’s the second one.
I'm not saying it's not going to snow here anymore this year. But I'm fairly certain this weekend isn't it. After the monster run of the GFS Saturday I looked at the H5 on all the ensembles and basically hung it up for the upstate then and nothing since has convinced me otherwise. Believe me I hate it as much as you because I'd like to break 10 inches for the year for the first time in 29 years but it aint happening this weekend.

Back