• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Wow tempers getting shorter, more banter on how models will come into a solution for IMBY positives. Don’t know what will happen in the end but this is the best winter tracking for me since 2010!

It was better back in the day when you would watch TWC and only be able to see upcoming threats by watching their 5 day business planner.

We'll never know how many 24 inch snowstorms we missed that ended up giving us a 1" wintry mix that we were happy about. We should go back to that.

It was better back in the day when you would watch TWC and only be able to see upcoming threats by watching their 5 day business planner.

We'll never know how many 24 inch snowstorms we missed that ended up giving us a 1" wintry mix that we were happy about. We should go back to that.
Nah, go back to 8500BC and stick your head out of the cave to see if its snowing.

You have the power ...

Yeah ! I didn’t have cable TV so for me as a kid it was all about watching the local news waiting for them to throw up the snow icon in the forecast and jumping up and down when they did !

Yeah ! I didn’t have cable TV so for me as a kid it was all about watching the local news waiting for them to throw up the snow icon in the forecast and jumping up and down when they did !
Same. We got cable in like 1988 I think.

My dad asked me a few minutes ago if we were going to see snow or ice and I had to wave him off since I've been following closer than he is, and I don't like what I've been seeing trend wise.

In fact, my NWS put snow in the forecast (rain/snow, but hey it counts) and honestly, I doubt it now.

Alright ya'll, I mentioned Dec 2002 earlier today and how much of a pain it was to develop/scan etc pics back then. Just found them and figured I'd share. Unfortunately these are compressed from originals. The 2nd is a tree branch punctured through the roof at grandparents house. (You can see huge branch on roof of 1st photo)
storm3.JPG

storm2.JPG
storm5.JPG
storm9.JPG

10 days no power. Better not get anything like the ice depicted here. Always get slightly nervous about Miller B's ever since.

That's a true statement!
I used to wait on that 5-day business planner when I was a kid... It told me everything I needed to know.

Back