• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

It's weird, this setup with the diving clipper is just really new to me. Can't recall tracking anything similar. Digging northern stream shortwave over the rockies, sure. But this far east, diving, trying to amp, and snow on us last second I just can't recall. Lots of models show it, and producing so I'm going to watch, see what happens and try to learn.

i-have-no-idea-no-idea.gif

It's weird, this setup with the diving clipper is just really new to me. Can't recall tracking anything similar. Digging northern stream shortwave over the rockies, sure. But this far east, diving, trying to amp, and snow on us last second I just can't recall. Lots of models show it, and producing so I'm going to watch, see what happens and try to learn.

View attachment 103513
We’ll chalk it up to “sometimes it just wants to snow.”

Need more than that
A closed upper low is indicative of a stronger system. The dynamics associated with it produce greater lift and thus greater precipitation and stronger cooling. An open wave, however, can still produce precipitation, depending on its orientation and tilt.

Back