• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

At noon, as per latest GFS, the consensus appeared quite spirited and positive towards our latest threat. Onward!

An hour later, the latest euro backs off the latest positive trends, and some chaps that were previously gungho then express considerable concern at our storm's prospects and now fear a dire outlook. Some consider jumping ship. Calamity!

Just now, as per latest GFS, the consensus appeared quite spirited and positive towards our latest threat. Onward!

to be continued

Since the Euro is leading the way on this one I'd wait to get excited. The only way I get modeled snow like this is usually catching the model in the middle of a trend in a direction.

Gonna make a prediction and everyone is going to hate it but it’s going to be a VA/NC border hit. Gfs always has suppression bias and it’s going to come north in the models 48 hours out.

Beware the warm nose. Someone convince me this isn't coming NW at the last minute.

GFS_850mbTempRunToRunChange_NC_2022-01-10_18Z_FHr129_WB.png

To be fair, January 2017 had a giant ridge over the Atlantic. This storm has a trough so I don't see WAA overperforming *knock on wood*View attachment 103401
I sat under blue returns for 8 hours straight and got rained on. Backend dusting. Travelers rest got a big one.

Back