• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Anyways Mods please delete since I took up an entire page trying to figure out where Charlestown is since Im such an airhead.

Spit balling some ideas.

1. Increase Minimal TS winds from 40mph to 50mph (45 Knots).
2. Has to retain the TS winds for 24hrs or greater.
3. Has to be, or expected to be within 1,000 Km of land.
4. A different designation for weak fishy's or quick spin up that die out in 48 hours. Maybe TTC's. Temporary Tropical Cyclones.

I will always be in the camp of keep the criteria the same but stop acting like everything in the past was perfectly analyzed and every storm is the "first ever" to do something. Chances are we missed many short lived systems, we missed when some systems peaked out well into the Atlantic, and some in close frontal systems weren't named when today they might be.

could even not name systems unless they impact land. Like let them remain 98L to track even if winds are 145. Cut down on the hard to say names and public doesn’t need to know about CAT 5 Obama recurving east of Bermuda

communication suffers as a result. Name 1-4 storms a season and the public may take more serious.

I will always be in the camp of keep the criteria the same but stop acting like everything in the past was perfectly analyzed and every storm is the "first ever" to do something. Chances are we missed many short lived systems, we missed when some systems peaked out well into the Atlantic, and some in close frontal systems weren't named when today they might be.
Exactly, who knows maybe some weather phenomenon was the "first ever" or maybe the satellite presentation in 1890 was a little fuzzy.

Yes surrrrr that’s what you get for September snow maps . Gottt emmm
Remember the unlimited EC troughs the GFs was showing. Yeah that wasn’t fun while it lasted, what’s being shown now is much better, let’s be AN while our source regions are AN ! A win win

Back