• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

I swear people live and die by models. Another place I visit is totally melting down over the GFS ? but the other day the cold it showed was totally believable. Yeah okay...

Winter Update Outlook. Slow and brutal winter in Cali will work it’s way to NC by January 29 - February 5th onward before spring takes it grip. (Back sided winter fkls). High mountain snows (some storms producing 12”+ above 3,000ft) with some opportunities of wintry mix below that too! IN ADDITION our drought could start to wane with ample rainfall in the Charlotte metro region (thinking dryer for eastern NC). Winter storms will bring sleet/rain/ice and most of the snow confined to MTN areas. Overall will be good winter just slow start. Spring could also be below normal temps. There could be more mixing late January into February with a better chance of non-mixing snow very late February into March being just snow as temps change (Hickory, Winston, Raleigh). @Webberweather53 @Rain Cold @fro @NickyBGuarantee

Come on man all of our December's are bad only the lucky years we score in December but at least usually they are cold this one is just brutal although we’ve had a good stretch of cold days sometimes so it’s alright but logistically it’s been torch
They have been anything but cold. There hasn't been a below average December for most on this board in 10 years.

Winter Update Outlook. Slow and brutal winter in Cali will work it’s way to NC by January 29 - February 5th onward before spring takes it grip. (Back sided winter fkls). High mountain snows (some storms producing 12”+ above 3,000ft) with some opportunities of wintry mix below that too! IN ADDITION our drought could start to wane with ample rainfall in the Charlotte metro region (thinking dryer for eastern NC). Winter storms will bring sleet/rain/ice and most of the snow confined to MTN areas. Overall will be good winter just slow start. Spring could also be below normal temps. There could be more mixing late January into February with a better chance of non-mixing snow very late February into March being just snow as temps change (Hickory, Winston, Raleigh). @Webberweather53 @Rain Cold @fro @NickyBGuarantee
Great update! Delayed but not denied. Merry Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas all! I will be firing up the grill this Christmas Eve; if the coming May is like the last two I will not be grilling in early May due to the cold combined with 40 mph winds.

Reactions: SD
Back