• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Mid-eighties for highs in Abilene, TX for Christmas Eve. That would really, really suck. Might as well have Christmas festivities in July. Still hoping CAD shows up to save the day here - Not looking good. Probably going to see mid sixties Christmas Eve and 70 for Christmas.

Probably due to the grand solar minimum we are entering. We are fortunately going to be sheltered from the worst of it in the southeast. Maybe we can eek out a little snow storm or two before it's all over?

It gets very complicated with a grand solar minimum and the effects it causes here on Earth. A grand solar minimum can cause chaos within weather patterns, so weather events can be extreme. There can also be an increase of volcanic activity and earthquakes.

During the little ice age the se was actually a tad warmer . It was like a 200 year long La Niña. Of course that meant it was also drier and more prone to extreme cold snaps .

The southeast was cold during that period. This is a Northern Hemisphere surface temperature change reconstructed by NASA. You're right about the extreme cold snaps.
a80cc95bcebb204bb7c314e506ed7c50.gif

KATL is on pace to have a warmer December then the average of Tallahassee, Florida. KATL looks to not have a single freezing temperature during the month of December either, it will be the first.

THIS JUST IN!

Forecast for the next two weeks for central NC... Anywhere from 0”-82” of sun, rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, nimbus clouds, cumulus clouds, pine straw, leaves and... I’ll probably change my user name at least 3.2 more times. Stay tuned because this could change at any moment...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back