• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

2020-2021 Winter: Early Thoughts

Maybe but this is NOAA's winter forecast for 2017-18 which produced two deep south winter storms

noaa-winter-temps.jpeg
Ouchers

Least amount of snow ever recorded up until this point for grand rapids and kalamazoo. Historically bad. And ofc it’s the first season i move here. I agree with above. F indeed.

Just going to bookmark this topic with my analogs vs actual.
Analogs are from July 13th 2020. Honestly...not too bad! Pretty accurately called the cooler December and chances of a cold February. And remember I always focus my analogs for the SE as a whole.

Quote from July 2020: "Overall we end up around normal. Cool start, warm middle, cool finish." "I highly highly favor a "mellow" winter that is neither a major torch or major cold. The cool/warm periods will likely cancel out to near normal. Maybe 0+2 given recent warm trends past 2010."

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut? Or actually some decent analog work? who knows lol.

Dec.pngJan.pngFeb.pngdec-feb.png

Just going to bookmark this topic with my analogs vs actual.
Analogs are from July 13th 2020. Honestly...not too bad! Pretty accurately called the cooler December and chances of a cold February. And remember I always focus my analogs for the SE as a whole.

Quote from July 2020: "Overall we end up around normal. Cool start, warm middle, cool finish." "I highly highly favor a "mellow" winter that is neither a major torch or major cold. The cool/warm periods will likely cancel out to near normal. Maybe 0+2 given recent warm trends past 2010."

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut? Or actually some decent analog work? who knows lol.

View attachment 77536View attachment 77539View attachment 77538View attachment 77537
Thats a good prediction!

Back