• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Invasive, spit poison, kill anything they can swallow (including the little green lizards we need as part of our eco system), poop like rats on eaves, shutters and anything else they can roost on, go into roof vents and clog up toilets, showers ... prolific ... no predators ... hawks won't even touch them ... need I get more graphic

http://ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu/cuban_treefrog_inFL.shtml
Wow. I also found a pic of one stealing cigars lol.

Cuban tree frog.jpg

So, what are your favorite Christmas movies and specials that you have to watch every year?

Mine are

Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Elf
Polar Express
The Santa Clause
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Rudolph
Frosty
How The Grinch Stole Christmas (original animated version)

So, what are your favorite Christmas movies and specials that you have to watch every year?

Mine are

Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Elf
Polar Express
The Santa Clause
Rudolph
Frosty
Those are good ones. I would add:

A Christmas Carol (with George C. Scott -- the only one worth watching!)
The Ref
Home Alone
Home Alone 2
Die Hard
Jingle All the Way
Love Actually
Miracle on 34th Street (1990s version)

Those are good ones. I would add:

A Christmas Carol (with George C. Scott -- the only one worth watching!)
The Ref
Home Alone
Home Alone 2
Die Hard
Jingle All the Way
Love Actually
Miracle on 34th Street (1990s version)[/QUOTE
A newer movie I would add is the Christmas Chronicles from Netflix. Kurt Russell does a good job at playing Santa.

The afternoons are going to be getting longer soon. The sun has reached its earliest sunset of the year. Of course the mornings will continue to lose daylight for a while, but at least we will see more daylight in the evenings.

The afternoons are going to be getting longer soon. The sun has reached its earliest sunset of the year. Of course the mornings will continue to lose daylight for a while, but at least we will see more daylight in the evenings.
And that sucks in every way!

Mine are

Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Elf
Polar Express
The Santa Clause
Rudolph
(it's a tradition)
Frosty
A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott)
Miracle on 34th Street
Home Alone
(pretty good)
Here's my list. See the bolded above.

I am not perfect by any means. In fact I have more flaws than the average person, but one thing I can't stand is bad grammar. I'm not sure if it is laziness or just ignorance but bad grammar is rampant on here as well as other forms of social media. Rant over.

I am not perfect by any means. In fact I have more flaws than the average person, but one thing I can't stand is bad grammar. I'm not sure if it is laziness or just ignorance but bad grammar is rampant on here as well as other forms of social media. Rant over.
words, how they are strung together, and spelled, coupled with proper punctuation, are the basic collective keys to effective written communication ... assuming, of course, there is a message worth conveying at the outset ...

If you are a GA fan you want to root for Oregon to beat Utah tonight. I wouldnt rule out a 2 loss GA team getting in the playoff if they lose in a close game but we need Utah to lose and then hope that Okla/Baylor doesnt jump us. I just couldnt see them putting Baylor in the top 4 over GA if GA loses in a close game.

Thank the Good Lord my invasive Cuban frogs are not impacted by this potential event ...
Hey there, do you actually have these frogs? I may have missed something but yikes. If so, salt detours them. If you don't, disregard...:)

Surprisingly quiet in the event thread. I guess we don't have that many N AL, N MS, and Central TN posters.

Yesterday, I heard a deer snort once when I was walking the path in its general direction. Soon after, the 3 or so deer ran off into the nearby woods. Interesting and effective warning system they have!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I just learned of this forum (it's new since I moved to Florida, I think, but now I'm back in NC again). I see a lot of people from Talkweather and AmericanWx here!

Welcome! You will find there is a lot more traffic here than the SE forum at American now. And some very knowledgeable folks, too.

Back