• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been several years before in which great storms happened during what most would consider to be an awful winter. I think that someone is going to get hit big before spring sets in, but this current pattern is the epitome of depressing.

We'll have a period of cold at some point this winter. I just hope WHEN it does (it may be February, but it will come) the moisture doesn't disappear. That's what happened in the 2007 winter. The cold FINALLY arrived in late January, and the STJ unfortunately flipped the switch off. It is not going to stay like this wall to wall the whole time.

There's been several years before in which great storms happened during what most would consider to be an awful winter. I think that someone is going to get hit big before spring sets in, but this current pattern is the epitome of depressing.
2016 was a warm winter that gave Middle Tennessee thier biggest snow in years, especially for Nashville. I’m not sure who else got in on that one but it was a beauty up here. Now that I think of it although warmer then average the last 3 of 4 winters have been great snow wise for this part of the upper southeast. Besides the 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 winters most of the colder winters I’ve experienced here ended up producing less snow then the more transient winters that had warm then cold then warm and so on.

We'll have a period of cold at some point this winter. I just hope WHEN it does (it may be February, but it will come) the moisture doesn't disappear. That's what happened in the 2007 winter. The cold FINALLY arrived in late January, and the STJ unfortunately flipped the switch off. It is not going to stay like this wall to wall the whole time.
It usually doesn’t but the 2017 winter is still fresh in our minds. I doubt it ends up that bad but I’d be worried about our future winter weather in years to come if that happens 2 out 3 winters all of the sudden.

One day it will flip and we will get some of that Russian snow in January. It can’t suck forever. Law of averages says for every sh*tty winter day there has to be a not so sh*tty one

Damn,From what I heard,the EPS look horrible yet again in the long range. I hoped and expected that the Pacific get it together in the 2nd half of January,but maybe not if the EPS is right.I want to remain optimistic that we will have a cold and maybe snowy late Jan-Feb,but now,I'm starting to become skeptical if this pattern will ever change for the better before mid-late February.

Damn,From what I heard,the EPS look horrible yet again in the long range. I hoped and expected that the Pacific get it together in the 2nd half of January,but maybe not if the EPS is right.I want to remain optimistic that we will have a cold and maybe snowy late Jan-Feb,but now,I'm starting to become skeptical if this pattern will ever change for the better before mid-late February.

Go read what Webb just posted. Should ease the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the last day of the year, we might as well quit using the GFS. New Year, new beginnings.
Well today is our Death to the GFS party we are supposed to be having. Maybe we should print our a picture of our favorite run and tape it to a firecracker at midnight and watch it explode.

Speaking of which the thread is locked for some reason.

I hope and pray Sarah Fortner becomes the WYFF chief meteorologist when JC retires. She sure is easy on the eyes

I’m not sure I trust analogs much anymore. Climate change has altered the playing field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They said drought would come with climate change. My rain gauge determined that was a lie. On a brighter note, DOW up 265. Happy new year errrrrbody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back